VOI9 prices - holy #@!$ !!! am I the only one who thinks this is crazy?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looked at www.voi9.com . 850 for an adult... wow! and if you have a non-driver, same thing.

it is me or is this a bit on the high side? especially considering the need to buy a hotel room and ship or drive a car...

but for those who went to the prev las vegas events? was it worth it? The last 2 VOIs haven't been all that exciting...

JD

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every year we see these same posts. Yes...VOI's are not cheap.

Think these are about the same prices as other years, maybe up $50.

VOI's are never done on the cheap. They are a world class event, that I could not duplicate for the price. Renting out the entire Las Vegas Motor Speedway and including ultra high speeds on the NASCAR oval, road course, solom course, NHRA Dragstrip, and even Ride and Drives in the SRT lineups can't come cheaply.

Dodge provides first class driving instructors, great food, free drinks, a fantastic banquet with top entertainment. A fablous memorabilia section, the chance to speak with SRT engineers and planners, and even a high performance driving class for spouses.

I still remember that great road trip throught the Valley of Fire, and picking up nifty souvineres along the way.

Staying at a world class hotel, in a world class city is not the cheapest way to go.

VOI's are all about the first class experience. This is something that few people in the world could ever dream about being invited to.

Yes...VOI's cost a couple hundred bucks a day for the event, plus travel and lodging. The memories can last a lifetime.

I consider it a Million Dollar experience for just a few thousand bucks.

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VOI9 prices - holy #@!$ !!! am I the only one who thinks this is crazy

Not to sound like a whiner, VOI7 was cool, but not worth it. VOI8 was a disappointment. So what now? go into depb over VOI9?

i'm sure vegas will be a blast! just not sure if i'll be there...

JD

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i'm with the first two guys. i about fell over when i found out the prices for two people. hell if i paid to transport my car out, hotel, airfair, admission tickets, and souveneirs i would have 10 to 15 percent of another used viper.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Personally, I was planning on going till I saw prices. Not debating value for dollar on the experience. I am upgrading to newer house this year to make wifey happy and will be tight on cash.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Renting out the entire Las Vegas Motor Speedway and including ultra high speeds on the NASCAR oval, road course, solom course, NHRA Dragstrip, and even Ride and Drives in the SRT lineups can't come cheaply.

Dodge provides first class driving instructors, great food, free drinks, a fantastic banquet with top entertainment. A fablous memorabilia section,

VOI's are all about the first class experience. This is something that few people in the world could ever dream about being invited to.

I consider it a Million Dollar experience for just a few thousand bucks.

I have to agree with the above. You get what you pay for. (Not only great food.... a lot of included food)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tough call. It is very pricey but it is also top notch. If they could guarantee an ample supply of single hotties it would be a no brainer, but I have to weigh it against a track weekend.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I'm trailering my Viper where can I park the truck and trailer?

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Based on the amount and quality VOI7 memories I have (the only one I attended) it's worth every penny. My wife and I will be going to VOI9.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's worth every penny in my opinion. I have been to all 8 and signed up for VOI9 as well. Dodge does a top notch job all around.

For $200 per day you get breakfast, lunch, dinner, entertainment, transportation if needed, track events (it must cost them a fortune to rent the track and pay track personnel to run the events), road trips including coaches if you don't have your own vehicle, tech sessions, Dodge provides many company track vehicles for the events and don't forget the goodie bag. Dodge must have thousands of man hours into planning and staffing this event.

Sure, some have been more exciting than others but I think this has something to do with personal preferences too. We have taken friends on some years who have been totally impressed all around.

I haven't taken a Viper all years simply to have time to take it all in without having to attend my car. It's not like there aren't any other Vipers around :) It's about friends too.

In case you haven't guessed, I highly recommend an experience you won't forget and no, I don't work for DC.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's worth every penny in my opinion. I have been to all 8 and signed up for VOI9 as well. Dodge does a top notch job all around.

For $200 per day you get breakfast, lunch, dinner, entertainment, transportation if needed, track events (it must cost them a fortune to rent the track and pay track personnel to run the events), road trips including coaches if you don't have your own vehicle, tech sessions, Dodge provides many company track vehicles for the events and don't forget the goodie bag. Dodge must have thousands of man hours into planning and staffing this event.

Sure, some have been more exciting than others but I think this has something to do with personal preferences too. We have taken friends on some years who have been totally impressed all around.

I haven't taken a Viper all years simply to have time to take it all in without having to attend my car. It's not like there aren't any other Vipers around :) It's about friends too.

In case you haven't guessed, I highly recommend an experience you won't forget and no, I don't work for DC.

Very True, Once you itemize the expenses amounts that Dodge incurs, the $850 probably works out to be a bargain for each person.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only issue I have is that my wife has no intention of driving a Viper on the track, but will still have to pay 850. I'm a bit torn. It's not a whole lot of money (it won't break me), but that's another set of tires I can buy...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I dont have a problem with the price b/c I'm know Dodge has tons of $$ ******* in the event, but once you include all the travel expenses to get me and my car cross country and then $850 a person cover charge? Have fun without me :(

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

VOI5 in Vegas was $500/person, rooms were a bit less, yet it would have been worth it at today's prices. I doubt I would feel that way about another location, but, Vegas will probably be worth it again.

aspme

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can't take it with you (money). ;) I don't know if I am going to take my wife, my girl friend, my son or all three, but 'we' will be there. I don't know if I will take my Gen I, Gen II or my 06 'First Edition' viper, but one viper will be there! If my wife goes, she will fly (...can't ride that far in a viper.) I will probably take the Gen I and add a 250 shot nitrous for the drag part (will also put back in my 5 point system and bring my fire resistant suit & helmet (in case I need them for road work or drag)...what a blast!! Vegas is fabulous and I don't gamble (at the tables, anyway), so great place, great fun and great a stress relief place. See all who go there...Go_fer. :D

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck.

Last time in Vegas they parked Trucks and transporters at the track. People could then decide to take the short drive into the hotel, or ride the shuttle.

Those with track only tires could leave their cars at the track, and ride the busses and shuttles.

Don't know the details for this year, but being 6 months away I feel everything will be organized and sorted out before the event.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

You can't take it with you (money). ;) I don't know if I am going to take my wife, my girl friend, my son or all three, but 'we' will be there. I don't know if I will take my Gen I, Gen II or my 06 'First Edition' viper, but one viper will be there! If my wife goes, she will fly (...can't ride that far in a viper.) I will probably take the Gen I and add a 250 shot nitrous for the drag part (will also put back in my 5 point system and bring my fire resistant suit & helmet (in case I need them for road work or drag)...what a blast!! Vegas is fabulous and I don't gamble (at the tables, anyway), so great place, great fun and great a stress relief place. See all who go there...Go_fer. :D

Your wife is cool with your girlfriend? Wow! :eek: :D

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ya, it something to consider. The cars we own are not typically owned by folks who shy at $850 for a few days of entertainment...however, me being a budget owner, the Viper demographics are changing. Younger, less financially rich individuals are now attaining Vipers and cannot always afford the events that can go along with them. I just ran into a guy the other day who is taking out a loan to get one, based on his finances, I am surprised he will be able to afford gas for the car, but hey, you only live once. But based on this changing demographic for Vipers, I feel the Viper community will grow to encompass all different classes....just my 2 cents.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If they could guarantee an ample supply of single hotties it would be a no brainer, but I have to weigh it against a track weekend.

Chuck...... c'mon...... this isn't like you! Man, it's VEGAS! And, remember what they say about what goes on there!! :headbang:

Seriously, yea, $850 is a lot, but what do people expect? It's no more of a bump from the last VOI in Dallas than any of those increases in the past! These are only held every TWO years now. Please don't tell me that some of you actually believe the political "[******]" that there's no inflation out there??? :eek: :)

I happen to consider it a bargain this time, and I'm usually one of those most insistent on trying to keep costs down. Why? ...... Well, those in the know tell me that the food and beverage costs are almost DOUBLE what they were last time in Dallas!!!!

As for the hotel, go check out the Venetian's website and look at the street prices online! I'll take the VOI rate, thank you.

And, then there's Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Very cool the last time we were there, but it should be even better this time. We should be the very FIRST group on the re-done track after the NASCAR truck series baptizes it the few days before us. Should be a blast!!!

I'm there,.... and will be in future years as long as Dodge continues to invite us!

:2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If they could guarantee an ample supply of single hotties it would be a no brainer, but I have to weigh it against a track weekend.

Chuck...... c'mon...... this isn't like you! Man, it's VEGAS! And, remember what they say about what goes on there!! :headbang:
Yeah, I thought about that. Hopefully I can meet some chick that will lie to me and make it reeeeally worth while.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, I thought about that. Hopefully I can meet some chick that will lie to me and make it reeeeally worth while.

You're in Florida... plenty of "establishments" with chicks that can do that for ya. :D

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Come on TVC, it'll be just like the south pacific - plenty of hotties to go around... The only difference is, of course, you'll have to pay real dollars for these...

j/k...

No matter how I work the numbers I can't justify spending the cash and losing two weeks off of work without pay. All things being equal I see at least $3600 in cost before the strippers and gas bills. Tires, gambling, flight tickets, booze make it even more painful.

Third VOI I'll be missing...

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Third VOI for me.

Nashville - VOI7 - was a blast, even with the heavy rains in the beginning

Dallas - VOI8 - seemed to me and others a little bit dis-organized

Las Vegas - VOI9 - lets see how the organization works out. I cant wait to see Las Vegas and hundreds of Vipers again!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Joe, I have to disagree.

Let's look at the "menu":

Included:
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Gratuity
OPEN BAR (I'm assuming this hasn't been changed)
Transportation to all events (if you're not lucky enough to bring your Viper)
Events
Track Time
Seminars
Goodies

.. and of course, the priceless comeraderie of being around 1000 or so other Viper Nuts!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VOI-5 was $500. Rooms were $145/day @ MGM. LVMS and off road track time were included. That was 7 years ago. So I guess the $850 works out to a hike of less than 8% per year.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Third VOI for me.

Nashville - VOI7 - was a blast, even with the heavy rains in the beginning

Dallas - VOI8 - seemed to me and others a little bit dis-organized

Las Vegas - VOI9 - lets see how the organization works out. I cant wait to see Las Vegas and hundreds of Vipers again!

Same here.

And as for the comments about not being exciting, etc., it is what you make of it - maybe try to hang out with the more exciting attendees if your past experience wasn't to your standards.

Mister XR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ya, it something to consider. The cars we own are not typically owned by folks who shy at $850 for a few days of entertainment...however, me being a budget owner, the Viper demographics are changing. Younger, less financially rich individuals are now attaining Vipers and cannot always afford the events that can go along with them. I just ran into a guy the other day who is taking out a loan to get one, based on his finances, I am surprised he will be able to afford gas for the car, but hey, you only live once. But based on this changing demographic for Vipers, I feel the Viper community will grow to encompass all different classes....just my 2 cents.

The demographics are definitely changing. I'm just an average guy. I take the train to work. I'm 26, don't have a high-paying job, don't own a lot of property, but like the man said - you only live once. I have the rest of my life to drive a boring SUV/Lexus/Mercedes. Had my 96 RT10 Black/Silver for 3 months now and love it. All I have is that and my XR650L. Say what you want, but I'm living my dreams. :2tu:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am not second guessing and saying that this is not a world class event I would just like to see where the money is being spent. If 1500 people spend $850 to attend that comes to over 1.2 million. We also have the raffle every year. 2000 tickets at $125 a piece comes to $250,000. Does the VCA pick up some of the tab or is it all paid for with the admission fee? I am not trying to be an ass or anything but somebody please explain to me where all of this money goes. Maybe if some of us knew more about how this money was spent, we wouldn't see posts like this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang