Voiding the warrenty?

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will having an intake on the engine void the warrenty? I have to get the oil changed, would like to take it to Dodge, but if it will void the warrenty I'll just throw the airbox back on for the time being.

Mike

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. I removed the stock airbox and have the chrome tubes with a cone filter on them instead. I was wondering if a simple mod like that would void it.

Mike

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, that was what I wanted to know.

Mike

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were a few who posted in the past saying that the cone filters pick up hot air from under the hood and actually cost you power.

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, today when I took it in to get the oil changed, they said one of the intakes on the left hand side fell off right after they popped the hood. They were nice enough to tie it all down really nice, and he actually positioned it so instead of the cones pointing straight downward, it is angled off to the left and no longer hits the hood.

I still think I am going to put the stock airbox back on. I really like how it looks, I THINK it sounds more throaty at WOT then the stock airbox, but I forget how the stock airbox sounds.

Anyone want to buy it? $75.00 plus shipping. I hate thinking I wasted money if I just take it out, so I will sell it for less than I paid for it. I paid $18 for shipping so I'll just charge $18 too... So $93 total and whoever wants it can have it. I already drilled a 3/4 inch hole in the side so the airsensor can be put into it. I put a gromlet on it too. Putting the airsensor in is kind of a pain in the ass, but once you get it in, it'll stay.

If anyone interested wants to see a picture I suppose I can take one and then show it... actually I will take the picture and post it.

Mike

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Digital camera is dead. Will post a picture later on.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32