Wanna hear sumthin cool? (NayKid Racing at SCCA Runoffs)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Wanna hear sumthin cool?

Tough break on the tire deal.

Would really like to see this race. If it is televised, please post the details.

OP
OP
S

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cindy - I thought both of you had tire issues. I want to know what is the deal with the Kumho in the later stages of the race, as it was blamed for Lance being able to catch up to you! I am probably ******* in the wind since I dont really expect to get a 100% objective reply (since they are a major sponsor to your efforts), but it never hurts to ask. Was the Hoosier that much better lap 15+?

I wasnt there but read the article SCCA wrote up - the stuff about you and Lance fighting it out and at one point touching rearview mirrors was cool...cant wait to see the telecast. When is it, btw???

My condolences to Scotty - he really deserved the win.

Hey Bugeater,

thanx for the well wishes and condolences. It sure looked as though we had things well in hand for a championship and life was good! The SRT10 Coupe was on FRIGGIN RAILS! I could've sworn there was magnets in the track compared to the other cars, I $hit you not this car was like driving itself! :nana: ARRRGGGGHHHH! :curse:

Anyway, all I know is I heard that Heinricy tried like 5 different compounds of Goodyears and ended up switching to Hoosiers , I have no idea what Hoosier had but I know they had at least 2 compounds "anyone could buy" and we had tires that came across the water on a boat from Korea and they FRIGGIN ROCKED!

The sizes were made specificly for the SRT10 Vipers as requested by Dodge Motorsports Engineers and they worked perfectly!

As for my trouble on track, one of the others in a Corvette spun himself out :buttkick: and had another couple cars crash into him leaving debris on track which went through my tire causing a flat...

All this other stuff is just propaganda by some other teams to stir up the ***, they tried to protest us at the event for tires and the stewards promptly took their money, warned them against making vexatious protests and tossed them out of the shed...

As for selling off the cars? That's what we do EVERY year! :2tu:

sbw

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The sizes were made specificly for the SRT10 Vipers as requested by Dodge Motorsports Engineers and they worked perfectly!

What sizes and tire model are you running?

Can anybody (like me) buy these tires?

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey thanks for the reply Scotty - cant wait to see the TV replay...I didnt realize you recycled cars every year. Man, you guys must have some serious sponsorship especially in this case, where the last race of the year proved the car is currently uber-competitive and you still swap em out for new shoes...lol. My shoes are 10 years old.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was at the race and it sure looked like Cindi's tires were gone near the end because the eventual winner caught up to her in a hurry and her car looked really "squirrelly" through the turns.

Perhaps she just used them up a little too much in the beginning getting to the front early.

Too bad for you indeed Scotty since, with your 8 sec lead, it looked like you were just taking a stroll through the park before the tire went.

OP
OP
S

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was at the race and it sure looked like Cindi's tires were gone near the end because the eventual winner caught up to her in a hurry and her car looked really "squirrelly" through the turns.

Perhaps she just used them up a little too much in the beginning getting to the front early.

Too bad for you indeed Scotty since, with your 8 sec lead, it looked like you were just taking a stroll through the park before the tire went.

Hey Ray,

I can understand it might have looked like Cindi's tires were used up but in fact it was her front brakes from working her way by the 800Lb lighter Ferrari so what happens is the front brakes get less clamping force(due to the brake fluid breaking down) thereby cuasing waaaaay too much rear brake bias and making the car look "squirrley" under braking and sometimes carrying it into the turns... Kinda like yanking the E-Brake causing the rear to step out a bit...

As for the sale of these cars... SOMEbody needs to buy these HOT RODS! THey are beyond STUPID fast and reliable beyond belief! They can play in any HPDE class and in VRL and KICK Corvette ASS!

sbw :usa:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so what happens is the front brakes get less clamping force(due to the brake fluid breaking down) thereby cuasing waaaaay too much rear brake bias and making the car look "squirrley" under braking and sometimes carrying it into the turns... Kinda like yanking the E-Brake causing the rear to step out a bit...
hey scotty, how about running the brake bias valve to the cockpit for next season? is that allowed in your class? would help the issue a bit at the middle/end of your race being able to adjust on the fly.

great work this season!

OP
OP
S

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unfortunately a brake bias valve would be illegal in our T1 class...

Too bad cuz it could be a big help at times :laugh: This was a very rare occurrence for the SRT10 Viper and the car never totaly lost it's brakes the front fluid just got a bit toasty and it lost some of it's clamping pressure...

We ran hard as heck for 40 minutes straigh running laps in the 26's at Road America and the brakes never missed a beat so the cars are plenty capable but it took a lot out of the car working her way by the Ferrari..

sbw

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A brake fluid recirculating valve would also cure the brake fluid boiling problem... probably not allowed in T1 either.