Want to recommend a nice matte interior dressing

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1998 interior was looking a bit tired and blotchy so awhile back I put some dressing on the hard pieces. Big mistake. The dressing was shiney and it looked like crap. Totally fake. For awhile I have been looking for a totally matte dressing to correct the issue. After getting some suggestions, the only one available at a store was something called 303 Aerospace protectant. I found it at Checkers (Schucks/Cragin/Murrays depending where you live) and was disappointed. Pretty dang shiney. Ordered some Einszett 1Z Cockpit Premium from Phil at Detailer's Domain along with some cleaner and tried it this weekend. BINGO! Finally got my matte finish back and the car looks factory again. I would recommend the product. I started with the Einszett cleaner to make sure I got the 303 removed then did the protectant. Here is a link to the product:

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=31

Last edited:

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There website is sketchy when trying to pay via Paypal. Always has errors. Kind of a hastle.

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There website is sketchy when trying to pay via Paypal. Always has errors. Kind of a hastle.
I used a credit card but even that was a little goofy. I got confused because they use PayPal as their credit card processor I believe and when I saw Pay Pal I thought I had moved away from the pay by credit card routine. In any event, the order went fine and the stuff is nice even if you bought it somewhere else!

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used a credit card but even that was a little goofy. I got confused because they use PayPal as their credit card processor I believe and when I saw Pay Pal I thought I had moved away from the pay by credit card routine. In any event, the order went fine and the stuff is nice even if you bought it somewhere else!
It locked me out of ordering thru there site so I contacted them and am waiting on a call back from them.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really surprised that the 303 gave you a shiny finish. I use it all the time and I get a nice even matte type finish from it.

I also like using Z10. It not only works good on leather but plastic too and leaves no shine at all, just darkens the material and smells AWESOME.

Note: If you would like to adjust the level of shine you can add Z16 to the Z10. The more Z16 you add the shinier it gets.

I also like Conneusors Choice vinyl and leather dressing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte