Wanted: Coupe Gas door

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I'm finishing up SS#11 and I'm held up by a coupe gas door. Does anyone out there know where a Coupe door might be available? I've had one on order for almost 4 months now with no ETA. I've checked w Jon at partsrack, Scott at X2, etc. No avail and its getting down to the wire.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff
I can't believe you didn't call me. I think I probably know the dealer selling the gas door on ebay.. ;)

Did you notice the city?

BTW... I got the 06 vert. I was telling you about...

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff
I can't believe you didn't call me. I think I probably know the dealer selling the gas door on ebay.. ;)

Did you notice the city?

BTW... I got the 06 vert. I was telling you about...

Yeah, I talked with him to buy it but he never called me back. Congrats on ANOTHER new ride!

Jeff

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got tired of waiting for a new gas door so I contacted SRT, I sent it to them they repaired and sent it right back. The whole thing 3 days. I have been waiting since june for a new one.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P10100344.JPG

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm... The stripes look even thinner with the wider body.
Still looks good. Nice job Jeff

1HOTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great body kit! I understand the fuel fender comes molded for a coupe cap. I installed the cap on my 04 about a year ago. Get ready for fun and games on a stock body panel with a dremel to the rear fender and a grinder to the bottom of the cap. Use lots of masking tape on the fender and even thick cardboard to protect the paint. When I ordered mine it was the only one available on the planet at the time. Also
you will have to order the bolts. Yea for that amount of money they are extra.

Last edited:

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has anyone ever taken step by step photo's of installing one on a vert? how much work is involved in converting a vert lid to a coupe lid?

1HOTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you open the gas door on a vert and see the area on the body panel that holds the door hinge. That area has to be removed about a two to four o clock cutout so the whole base is at equal depth. Also the new cap base will take about 15 minutes of delicate grinding to flush to the bottom of the fender. And you will have to remove the inner wheel well to install lock nuts and washers to hold down the new cap hex bolts. If you are not handy with a dremel I would practice with some extra piece of fiberglass to get the feel of the tool. Once you have made the cut out on the fender there is no turning back unless you are very handy at fiberglass and paint.

Last edited:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the cap on my 04 about a year ago. Get ready for fun and games with a grinder to the bottom of the cap frame and a dremmel to the rear fender. Use lots of masking tape on the fender and even thick cardboard to protect the paint. When I ordered mine it was the only one available on the planet at the time. Also
you will half to order the bolts. Yea for that amount of money the are extra.

lets see a picture of that cap on a silver car.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was looking for one a few months ago. After finding out the price, I just went with a smooth stainless one that was a huge amount less and it looks great. I absolutely could not believe a gas door was $700 and up. Just blew my mind.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome work Hotness, mine next? LOL

[media]http://gallery.me.com/izardinc/100008/IMG_0897/web.jpg[/media]

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My dealer called today my new fuel door came in. They must be available

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics