WARNING - Check out your SRT 10 Rocker Panels.........NOW

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just crawled under my 2005 SRT 10 tonight to wax the bottom of my car. I know there have been many posts regarding the problem with the underside of the areas in back of the wheels getting chipped by stones, because of this I had my SRT 10 completely covered on the rockers from front to back and right up under the door sills and the sill itself with 3M Clearbra before it ever hit the street. Thank God I did, I have a 1000 miles and you can't believe the number of nicks I have in the plastic that could have been in my paint, hundreds. If you haven't been diligent in checking under these areas, you better. If your really picky like I am, you might not be very happy with what you see. Just a warning, Check ASAP

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a damn car, they get dirty, paint gets chipped. It's not the end of the world.

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just keep it parked in the garage, and carry a drool towel with you at all times. The only part of my viper ever covered is the drivers seat with my butt. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VipeRick, I agree with you. within 1000 miles I took off the side sills and could not believe the level of damage. I thought there might be 'buffable' damage, but the chips go right through the paint down to the aluminum. I put mud flaps on. Don't laugh. OK, maybe a little!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This time Kenny I agree with you completely. Drive the car, it is not a garage queen. I will never understand why people buy these kind of cars and leave them in the garage? Maybe they arde scared to death after driving them home the first time.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VipeRick, I agree with you. within 1000 miles I took off the side sills and could not believe the level of damage. I thought there might be 'buffable' damage, but the chips go right through the paint down to the aluminum. I put mud flaps on. Don't laugh. OK, maybe a little!

"I put mud flaps on"? Pics please. :)

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3104MVC-020S.JPG

I DO drive my Viper. That's the problem. With 22,500 miles on it so far, the bottom side of the sills would probably be bare aluminum without flaps! I was too late for the 3M clearstuff. Tha damage had already been done.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rick i knew these guys were gonna flame ya on this post :D i'm glad to see
all the post you have done lately, you should post some pics of your car. i
would guess it would be the cleanest of them all :2tu: i for one know you
take great care of your cars. i was surprized no one has said anything about
you waxing the underside. :D

tom

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you have the make and part number of the mud flaps for the front and rear? I tried to find good looking ones a few years ago and came up dry.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mud flaps are for trucks.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am dying here in my office. Albeit I agree with you wanting to protect your paint, but mudflaps would be the LAST thing I'd ever guess would be added to the "mod list" of a Viper!

OP
OP
V

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey! This is fun, think I will have to do some more posts on all the other crazy things I do to my car. My car is absolutely drop dead Gorgeous. Like I said in my original post, I really did wax the actual bottom of my CAR. But let me put you all at ease this is no GARAGE QUEEN, cause I run with the best of them. See you at the track with my other MODS, real soon.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey! This is fun, think I will have to do some more posts on all the other crazy things I do to my car. My car is absolutely drop dead Gorgeous. Like I said in my original post, I really did wax the actual bottom of my CAR. But let me put you all at ease this is no GARAGE QUEEN, cause I run with the best of them. See you at the track with my other MODS, real soon.

LOL you tell em rick :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: but i'm gonna smoke ya
at the strip at VOI9 :D

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atro, no part numbers. I just saw some very small ones at Autozone. Actually they are barely visible. I had to hunt to find a picture where they could be seen.

3104Picture_086-med.jpg