Warning light???

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys.

just fired up the FE leaving work and notice that a little yellow warning light had illuminated at the bottom of the black circle to the right of the speedo (i dont know what to call it).

The light has no text its just an illuminated outline of what to me looks like a transmission, but i'm not entirely sure if that right. I'd check my manual but its being shipped to me at present.

any insight would be greatly apprectiated! any chance my tranny fluid is low or somethng simple like that? The car shifts and drive perfectly, no new noises, vibrations or hesitations (i rowed through all the gears on the way home just to check)

Thanks

Northernsnake

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
engine management light...mine's on due to faulty O2 sensor at moment...not good to run car... problem could be serious so best get it diagnosed at dealer or with your own reader if you have one.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps. do you not have the car handbook (not manual)?

OP
OP
N

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you

well i will not be running the car until i get the code read. My brother has an OBD2 scanner that should do the trick (i should buy one). I will post the code up when i get for your deliberation.

OP
OP
N

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright. I picked up a good OBD2 scanner plugged it in and it immediatley thew up code#: P0155 O2 Sensor Heater Circut Malfunction (bank 2 Sensor 1)

thats the only error code. that doesnt sound particularly important to me but i'd like the forums input. For now my plan was to erase the code, check all my fluids and gas caps and such and see if it comes back on.

I too will be keeping my scanner in the car from now on :)

OP
OP
N

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. I have BB headers and Exhaust, they came with the car, the previous owner had them install and i dont know how long ago. The car had 12,200 mile on it when i bought it and now has 16,500 if that make any difference.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the code pop up again after you cleared it? If not, it might not indicate anything is wrong, just that the computer saw something right then. I'm sure your computer was not told you no longer have factory exhaust. So every now and then, the readings from the aftermarket items won't jive with what your car is comparing numbers/voltage/readings to. Ever since I changed over to Random Tech, I've popped the O2 code a few times. Never more than once every 6 months.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the old headers-melted-the-O2 sensor's wires to me!!
that's what happened to mine...sort of: driver's side, rear - 2 wires got too close to a reinstalled OEM kit pre trackday :mad:
soldered wires but code has never cleared, despite overnight battery disconnect ...strange as never had problems before from sensors, even with de-cat... :confused:

OP
OP
N

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i erased the code last night and put about 20 miles on the car and so far it hasnt reoccured. I'll just have to see what happens. If it continues to be a problem i'll have to delve deeper and maybe check out the wiring and sensors...Thanks to everyone for all the input, it got me a OBD2 scanner and taught me some new stuff which is always good. I'm just glad that for now its nothing major.