Warranty Problems need help ASAP

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the power brake booster went out on my 04 vert, factory 3 year warranty expired 3-14-07, i called my local dodge dealership in fresno, ca on 3-22-07 to let them know and to make an appointment for repair.

car does have the 7 year,70k powertrain warranty

Now the Regional rep Brian Stokoff (not sure of the spelling) wont athourize the work to fix the brakes.

Damn car only has 10k miles on it,

very pissed with dodge right now, does anyone have any suggestions?????

tom

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much you can do I think. You could buy an extended warranty and take it elsewhere or just eat the cost...how much you talking about?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get a extended warranty.

Call the wizard Chuck.

20 Spring Street South
South Salem NY 10590

Phone: 914-763-3136
Fax: 914-763-9507

Chuck Tator

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can get an extended service contract , but it will not cover this item, and the powertrain from the factory only covers 200 items , and brakes are not part of the powertrain , so there is no way for them to cover it. Best suggestion is to get it fixed and then buy a contact for the next 4 years while you still can.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton

93VIPERBOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call or write to Dodge Customer relations. They will probanly split it with you or charge you a deductable. I have done this for my customers at Ford, They usually want to keep customer happy when the time and milage are so close.

marcusu81

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call Chrysler and ask about "good will" assistance. Make it very apparent that the problem came up just as the warranty expired and that it would be difficult for you to make the repairs. May take a few half hour calls but they will most likely empathize and lend a hand. Gimme a sec and I'll PM the number to call.

OP
OP
X

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i called the care center as soon as the dealership refused claim,

the car has a paxton s/c (put on by previous owner) so the care center
is refusing to help.

i talked with the general manager and the service manager prior to brining the car in, and the only reason i was willing to bring it in was,

They stated, since the s/c had nothing to do with the brakes that the brake issue would be covered. they did mention they wouldnt warranty any drive train issue because of the paxton,(they nor myself knew at that time that the warranty was expired by a week)

the service manager told the care center that the paxton was responsible for the booster failure (toooo much pressure to some check valve) with 5-6 lbs of actual boost? (BS i say)

so the service manager told me one thing and then told d/c something else, leaving me screwed.

this is how they treat someone whose bought many cars and trucks from them over the last 20 years, thanks for nothing

anyone else here of the stock paxton kit causing power booster failures?

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a simple case of unfortunate timing to me. Sorry, but my opinion is
just accept responsibility, get it fixed and enjoy the car instead of stressing and fighting over an expired warranty. Why would you expect a manufacturer to pay for something beyond the warranty date? Good luck and hope you are driving again soon.

OP
OP
X

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt bad timing,

but only 10k miles and 1 week pass the in service date.

just looking for a little goodwill, over the years i have purchased close to $500k of new dodge/chrysler cars and trucks.

not stressing over the $$$ as much as the lack of concern on D/C 's part.

will they looooose a very good customer over this? what do you think?

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was a Tech for American Honda, we would have fixed this and not even blinked an eye. Honda takes care of their customers.

The things Honda did for the customer would make your head spin, if you are use to being treated this badly from other car companies.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with your point - a little good will goes a long way. Maybe the new owners will learn that customer service is important.

However, it seems like you'll have to bite the bullet this time and pay for the repairs yourself.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please post how much Dodge hits you for the repairs. I had a WS problem with my windows that they fixed on warranty that ran up to $3000 for the two triangular WS-window guides on the doors. That price shocked me more than a little.

As an Engineer, I can believe that a valve meant to hold vacuum in the brake booster could be damaged by 5 psi of boost. Those valves have no reason to ever expect pressure from the vacuum source side comming from the engine are likely designed accordingly.

That said, you could always remove the check valve and check if it still functional. If it is then Dodge is feeding you BS. If it IS shot, that is passes air to vent vacuum back towards the engine, then their story is plausable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang