Warranty Question

Blazin' Blue Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my 97 GTS through a private seller. This was my first experience doing this, usually I buy through a dealer. I just assumed that a factory warranty on the car is not transferrable. I have 17,000 miles on my car. Is it still under a factory warranty? Where can I get info on what may be covered. Thanks :2tu:

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your factory warranty is based on three years or 36,000 miles from the in service date of the car. The in service date is usually the date that the original owner buys/takes possession of the car. Unless the original owner bought the car from the dealer within the past three years, the original factory warranty has expired. If the owner had an extended warranty on the car, it may be transferred one time for a cost of $50.00. I would contact the seller to see if this exists. If not, you may be able to obtain an extended warranty through an area dealer, but, be careful, because I've heard of stories where it would not be honored by Chrysler when needed because it was obtained after the original warranty expired. Hope this helps.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANY DC dealer should be able to tell you the in-service and if the car is covered under any extended plan by running the VIN.