Was the viper only suppose to be a 5 year run?

james97gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading the local newspaper this morning they said the viper was only suppose to be a 4 or 5 year run like the Prowlers. What made them continue production. I know Dodge would like make all the money they can, but it was just an interesting article that talked about how they cut the production of the Prowler and now the Thunderbird to make it more exclusive and limited to the owners. Kind of makes me wish they did the same on the viper or at least gave it a couple year break before coming out with the SRT.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the t-bird and prowler were cut because they were not selling, simple ecomomics. The vipers time was up for the update. The orginal viper was the oldest design in dodges line-up as of 2002.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the start the Prowler was originally slated to run just 5 years. However if they could have made a killer profit I imagine they would have re-thought their original plans.

Not sure about the t-bird, but I see them around so I figured they were selling pretty good. Hope so, I like the style.

The only problem I see with either of these cars is the lack of performance. If the Prowler would have come with a V8 I wonder if they would have been able to build them fast enough. Of course the price would have been jacked another 20K.

I'm not sure if the T-bird comes with a V8 but it's a nice little car nonetheless.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is a v8 my father has one. what the car needs is the cobra 390hp, six speed, some suspension work, brakes, and a few other tweaks. for an added 9-10k and id buy one. same old story too little to late, add the fiero to that list also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken