Water Leaks: where are the likely sources?

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I intend on running 06 coupe 24/7 and would like to hear about places to check/seal for water leaks?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he was talking about in the car? Passenger side footwell seems to be a regular complaint, not sure where it comes from

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Far from an expert, but I haven't heard of any interior water *********** issues on the Gen III's and newer, I think that was more of a Gen I/Gen II issue.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF you run a Viper for 24h * 7 days the driver will need some kind of bottle ... ;-)

GEN-2 coupes were prone to leak around the windshield (top, middle). My 2002 RT/10 never leaked with the soft top in thunderstorms.

Gen-1. No experience.

Gen-4. Never had a problem.

Gen-3. ?

OP
OP
V

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being an old fart I guess "Depends" should be in my console! Everybody's a comic:lmao:.
But seriously, during the cruise install, one of the steps was to pull the panel away from the instruments right above the knees. This has an egg-crate-looking molded part and pretty much all the little box sections show that they were filled and dried out over time. Rained here yesterday and defintely had a few drips by my left ankle. My suspicions are around the hood hinges and the wiper drive. FYI the wiper holding washer-nut (under the protective cap, which pops off easily) shows corrosion on mine. Gonna dab a touch of grease; should I ever need to pull the arm off. Again, any other, non-comic:nono:, experiences?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
totally impossible to drive a car 24/7= must stop for fuel,piss break,and tires

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang