Water/methanol injection on RT/10

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has fitted a water/methanol injection system to their RT/10? If so, where do you have the tank and what volume/ dimensions is it? *** racer folk used the washed fluid bottle - not on a Viper though!!

Secondly, the baffles for my oil breather system were removed when 1.7 roller rockers were installed on my car. This is now becoming a problem with the Paxton supercharger set up - too much oil getting thrown into the breather system. I'm installing oil catch tanks but still want to prevent the loss of too much oil. Can anyone advise as to what the baffles should look like once modified to allow 1.7 roller rockers?

Thanks in advance.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave the baffles in, even with TDs...just modify them a bit so the rockers don't hit/tap...aka take a punch and where the rockers hit, dent the baffles back a 1/4 inch or so. May seem primative, but it is what it is. As far as W/M, I run a 2 step system and all are triggered off of two boost-referenced relays. At 2 PSI I have (2) .125 nozzles spraying @ 250 PSI. At 8 PSI an addition (2) .325 nozzles are activated giving me a good shot of W/M supporting up to 15 PSI of boost. All are at 250 PSI line pressure. I'm not a fan of progressive controllers that vary the pump voltage that results in line/spray pressures all over the place. Want to keep max PSI in the W/M system for good atomization. Custom 2.5 gal tank center mounted above the spare tire (GTS model however..not RT/10). I have seen a few RT10s that use the washer fluid resevoir. It just depends on how much you plan on spraying. I use it alot.

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made my own W/I kit along with a Devil's own controller. I just bought a float and **** for the factory W/W reservoir. It doesn't hold a whole lot, but my jets aren't too big either. Guess it depends on how much you are injecting, what your activities with the car are, and how often, or not, you are willing to fill the jug.

OP
OP
V

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be a Scot by descent with that user name! :)

Yeah, I initially though about that but sicne I'm going to be using the W/M injection from time-to-time to allow less timing retardation, I don't to run out unexpectedly with the potentially disasterous consequences that may ensue!

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm told.. lol Lil bit of irish and scottish in me.. :)

As for your concern about running out, that is what the float switch is for. It will turn on a blinking light when it gets low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc