Watkins Glen 2002 track event dates are in!!

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What group/club/assoc is it with? How do we sign up? How much does it cost? What requirements/restrictions are there?

I'm definately interested. I plan on doing Lime Rock once or twice, Watkins Glenn once or twice and Pocono at least twice this year (2002).

Phil

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I just spoke with Todd from Trackquest. He has first dates reserved for the track. It is in May 20 and 21's. It is a weekday but you can make it a long weekend. I was there this year and can tell you that it was the best event that I went to the whole year. I put 350 miles on my car that weekend
Where are the benefits:
- the track is 3.5 miles long while others are under 2 miles
- you have one instructor per car in the green group (not one per group)
- you can take the passenger any time (not limited to yellow flag)
- the sessions are 30 min (not 20 or 25)
- lunch is included
- it is a great place to take your wife to (lakes, winery, hiking trail)
- we all have dinner after the track day
- there were no Vipers last year, make sure that this does not happen again

Let me know if you are interested. I'm going there for a long weekend.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by MyVette on 12-07-2001 at 12:47 PM</font>

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilC:
What group/club/assoc is it with? How do we sign up? How much does it cost? What requirements/restrictions are there?

I'm definately interested. I plan on doing Lime Rock once or twice, Watkins Glenn once or twice and Pocono at least twice this year (2002).

Phil

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is with Tarcquest out of California. They come out once or twice a year do do an event in the east coast. The cost will be about $400 for two days. No restrictions if your car is legal. E-mail me if you are interested at [email protected] The registration page will be up soon.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
This sounds like fun....what instructors are you referring to? Is this a Skip Barber thing? Are there different classes? And what is "legal"?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are green, blue, red and black groups. The green one (first time on the track) has an instructor for the whole day. There is many instructors so you can have a different one every time you go on the track. The instructors have their cars too so when they are on the track you can go with them but get ready to get scared. If you in any other group you can also request an instructor for as long as you want. it is a great wy to see what you car can do and not worry about getting a ticket.

For all the info please e-mail Todd at:
[email protected]

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by MyVette on 12-08-2001 at 12:54 PM</font>

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
OK, next question....how much time do you get on the track and how many laps can you take without an instructor? $400 seems like a bargain for this.

Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last time I averaged 100 miles per day and 1.25 tank of gass per day. You get 30 min session and minimum 4 sessions. if you are in green then you would spend 3 sessions with instructor in your car the last one would be you alone. The following day you would not need an instructor. Even that I run in blue group it was great to have an instructor to help you pick the fastest corners. You can also go in his car to see it from the other side.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTSJOE:
Please email me some more info. I would love to join you guys up there. The track is great.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For all the info please e-mail Todd at:
[email protected]

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.trackmasters.com/
(for learning this is the BEST!!!)
www.imp-auto.com/pda/index.htm
(good for testing and seat time, not much supervision)
www.gvc-bmwcca.org
(one of the best driving schools at Watkins Glen)

Ferrari club runs at Pocono

NJ VCA runs at Pocono

If you are in the North East and want more info on track dates see the "EVENTS" section of our club site at http://www.viperclub.org/nyct/ AFTER 2/12/02 when all the info has been collected and posted...or email me for more info.

Morgan
NY/CT VCA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang