Wax, anyone ever heard of/used Zaino Bros?

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search and you'll get lots of info.

I love the product-doesn't do much for swirl marks but it has a great shine and durability. It does take a couple of weekends to get it applied correctly but then it lasts the summer. After 8 coats the bugs just slide off :) :)

Bill

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Just went back to zaino after trying several new products including the new Meguirs NXT. In the end zaino seemd to shine real well, little work involved but my car attracts the least amt of dust with the zaino than any other product and as previosly stated bugs repel much easier after several coats.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted these wax tests result in a Mercedes forum last year when I owned an SLK32 AMG, which addresses Zaino and Finish First, since lots of folks on that board swore by Finish First for some reason. The bottom line is that an independent group tested 46 waxes and Zaino ranked number 1.

Thread Title: Current Wax/Polish Test Results--Don't use Lemon Pledge, LOL

Contents:

After reading all the praise for Finish First on this forum, I started to seriously consider using a synthetic auto polish for the first time, being previously only a carnauba user. My research eventually turned up Zaino Bros as a synthetic potentially worth looking into further in addition to Finish First (which I was admittedly already sold on based upon the posts on this board). Last week I posted an October 1990 Corvette World article ( http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=147975&posts=10&hl=zaino )that ranked a handful of waxes/polishes based upon shine and beading at initial application and again at six month later. That article rated Zaino Bros first and Finish First seventh of nine, but it was admittedly an old article.

Since then I ordered a current (summer 2002) 52-page testing report of 46 waxes and polishes by another independent lot, Guru Reports ( www.gurureports.org ), which I have now received. I thought that many of you might be interested in some of the findings reported and I wanted to share those with you.

The tests measured performance (i.e., amount of beads, bead size, shine, gloss, depth, clarity, reflectively, slickness, color enhancement and overall impression) and durability over an eight-week period, as well as ease of use and product availability.

For the record Lemon Pledge (just because they were curious, hehe) finished, not surprisingly, in 46th place.

With respect to Finish First they had the following to say: pretty much the same as Liquid Glass (although, LG finished one spot below FF), has a light cleaning action (read: abrasives!), chemical smell, after six weeks amazing how fast it dropped off, not overly impressive. Finish First ranked 30th of 46.

With respect to Zaino Bros, on the other hand, they had this to say: one of the only products of 46 tested to survive snow and ice (which killed FF), did best job protecting optics, simply indestructible, laughs at the competition, won’t stain trim. Zaino Bros ranked 1st of 46.

For what it’s worth, FF received a grade of “B” for Availability and ZB received a “D,” so that obviously wasn’t the determinative factor in the rankings.

I don’t intend to change anyone’s opinion, slam FF or even recommend ZB, since I have no interest in doing any of that. I just wanted to bring to the forum the results of my own research so that each of you could consider it, just like I consider all the helpful information I get from the rest of you guys and gals, which is considerable. I’m sure, given the amount of experience and expertise on this board, that FF works great, but if these third-party test results and those of the article I posted last week are to be believed, then something else, in fact a lot of something elses, works better.

One thing I would recommend to everyone, however, is the Guru Reports Wax Test, because the 52 pages contain lots of useful information (more than I wanted to know) about paint and clear coat care from application technique (including clay bars, waxing intervals, tools and techniques) to a comparison between carnauba and synthesis and details on the best and the worst brands of these products (according to their testing, for what it’s worth) to some history and folklore about all of the same. You have to be pretty anal to like this stuff. Anyway, it’s a $10 buy and supplements nicely the instruction that come with your wax/polish, whatever your preference.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you buy that Zaino additive, which is expensive, you'll be able to apply multiple coats in one day. The extra cost is well worth it.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This wax thing gets way to much out of control. I used to use Zanio. Yeah, it's good, if you have lots of time to go through all the steps. I recently found some Kit wax that I used 20+ years ago. Used it again. Still works great. Car looks great. Only took 30 min.

AC

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never used it. Always had great results with a 3M machine polish and a buffer.

But you all have me curious since this site loves this product so much. So, which Zaino products do you recomend trying?

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z-5; Z-2; Z-6, and the accelerator is a must; I have also been very pleased with their leather product and tire dressing.....well I think that about covers the entire product line :) :)

Just go to the web site and see what your needs are. Not cheap, quality isn't, not the fastest to put on, good things take time and effort but the shine, durability and quality (and all the compliments) make it worth the time. I even use the Z-2 on my rims and most of the brake dust rinses off.

Bill
(and no I have no financial interest in this product)

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino is great if you have the time....I used to use it. But now that I have two kids, time is at a premium. That being the case, I found NXT to be a good second best that cuts my detailing time in half.

Regards,

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROTFLOL!!!!
I peed my pants!
This is a joke right, more PR for "Z"?

Obviously you don't come here often and / or you have been on another planet for the last 5 years! LOL!!!!!!

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the time comments about Zaino? Why would using any other wax be faster?
Using the additive, I zip right through 3 coats of the swirl stuff...no wait time between coats.
Next day, I go through 3 more with the top coat.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found a new product called Kosmic Shine from a company named House Of Color.I never will use anything else.

I think you posted about this stuff a little while back and I weent to HOK and gots some. It's freakin' awesome, wipes on like water after the first coat and wipes off so easy. I put it on my ****** and drove it for 3 weeks without washing it, went through several rain showers and the paint still shines.

Used it on the Viper and I love the stuff, used lots of Zaino and the 3m commercial products and Kosmic is killer.

Thanks Randall for the intial post that got me to try it.

:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4