Wednesday Viper Rondevous on Woodward!

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's that time of the year again! The Woodward Dream Cruise is this coming Saturday and things are getting wild in Detroit town. There were tons of horsepower and testosterone on the street tonight. I gave up when I counted over 500 cars that could run with Vipers in less than an hour. There were 4 Ford GT's, Lambo's, Cobras, all kinds of vintage musclepower, etc., etc. Several of our Viper bretheren were out there holding their own -- posing and running.

Let's create a base for the Viper posse on Wednesday night from 6:00 pm on . Let's gather at the small triangular park across from Borders on the west side of Woodward just south of 15 Mile. It's where Woodward and Old Woodward come together. There's parking on Old Woodward and plenty of grass to pitch chairs and coolers to watch the parade. And of course if you want to show off on the street . . .

Log in and tell us if you're coming, then we'll know who to look for. If you're from out of town, drop by and enjoy some MCVO hospitality. See you there. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce, I'll be there but might have two 69 Roadrunners tagging along too.

Un'sidepiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 20 or so NorCal VCA members are flying out on Wednesday for the show, unfortunately I dont think any of our Vipers are comming. I will let everyone know about you meeting spot!

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twelve Vipers on the street tonight -- let's see what we can turn out Wednesday.

Tell Maurice and the boys where we are and we'll hook them up with cruise rides!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I was on Woodward (with my Durango) does that count?

Coming back from the Zoo (we had a company activity there tonight).

I saw 4 total in one drive through. Buchesky was at Duggan's probably drinking one in celebration for winning second in the drawing :) Lots of great cars. Tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and Saturday should be great!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I know this is a slight change in subject, but what the heck is this thing?
498100_1294-med.JPG

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats the official ghettomobile. no wait my car is no speedometer, you can open the lock with a penny,start the engine with a penny, front speakers dont work, weather striping is falling a part, its in ugly brown and light brown colors, and the list goes on and on.......

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had about 15 Vipers on the street tonight. At any given time there were 4 or 5 parked at our rondevous point.

6594PICT0132-med.JPG

The street action was hot and heavy again tonight. Here are a few samples from our watching area:

6594PICT0139-med.JPG

That mini van was really hot!

6594PICT0136-med.JPG

Road clearance isn't a problem for this guy!

6594PICT0137-med.JPG

Note the flares on the '57 Chevy to accommodate the wider tires.

6594PICT0140-med.JPG

We felt safe in the knowledge that we had superchargers in our group just like the other guys (note '39 Willys coupe parked among the Vipers).

All in all, another great night on Woodward. The volume of cars and excitement keeps building every night. Tommorrow night is the Viper Club dinner at Bennigan's just south of Square Lake Road. Come on out, we've got 46 cars confirmed for sure. :headbang: :headbang:

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out on Woodward tonight (Wednesday night) in my blue/white GTS. I saw 2 other blue/white GTS's out, a grey ACR, red Gen I RT/10, white/blue stripe RT/10, and a black/silver stripe RT/10. Any of you guys on here? I knew the ACR owner previously and chatted with him for awhile in the parking lot at 13 Mile & Woodward.

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That "yellow thing" is a Nash Metropolitan. That's the wild thing about the Dream Cruise, you see historic cars, modern exotics, classic muscle cars, dune buggies, factory prototypes -- just everything on the same street all mixed together!
:cool: :laugh: :D ;) :smirk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang