weird question?new car smell?

Rossssi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can you guys describe your cars interior scent?

I am not sure if the dealer put in some type of air freshener or in fact the
NEW VIPER smell might be different than other new cars. :confused: <font color="#666666"> </font>

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the smell of the fiber from the materials used in the car. An owner I'm very familiar with has 4,000 miles and his always smells like new. Great smell.

CoryMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"New car smell" is actually the adhesives in the car that hold the interior together. Smells great but it's kind of like sniffing glue.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can you guys describe your cars interior scent?

Sure, like standing downwind from a BBQ with no food cooking yet... but thats just me...

ROTFLMAO!!! Good one Bonkers! The smell is a combination of the leather, the plastics, the adhesives, the carpet, etc. I wish it stayed with the car forever! Diferent cars with different materials have different smells.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe part of the unique smell in a Viper might be the out-gassing from the composite body panels slowly curing. If not that, then the construction adhesive used to hold it all in place. I don't notice it much anymore, so either it slowly goes away or it eventually kills the brain cells responsible for that function.

--- Ken

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really liked the hot Viper smell for the first few months and it slowly went away...such sweet perfume...

Then, a few weeks ago I added a VEC1 and that's changed the smell again. A different smell altogether that I can't put my finger (nose) on...

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this helps, I previously stated that Lee had his Viper for 4,000 miles, that was also in about a year and a half (over two years now, not sure on mileage), and it still had that "new" Viper smell when I left MD last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine