Well, I guess its official??

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, ACCORDing to our leaders. They obviously must PACEr themselves when thinking up new colors. Which planet did the colormeisters at DC come from? SATURN, MERCURY or Uranus? Yellow is the only ACURAte choice amongst the Viper faithful (for a new color). Seriously, I think it would look good with blue, black or silver stripes.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't understand anything from a marketing prospective. You don't introduce the best of everything the first couple of years. You build up gradually to string along the sales. IE. First year people just want it because it is new. The next year you throw into the mix a new color or two and/or maybe a hard top. This way you might snag a previous owner with now a color he likes. Once this has run the course then you drop a Coupe styled car on the market and get the same owners to upgrade to this. In the end you have the same person buying 3 new automobiles instead of one.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't understand anything from a marketing prospective. You don't introduce the best of everything the first couple of years. You build up gradually to string along the sales. IE. First year people just want it because it is new. The next year you throw into the mix a new color or two and/or maybe a hard top. This way you might snag a previous owner with now a color he likes. Once this has run the course then you drop a Coupe styled car on the market and get the same owners to upgrade to this. In the end you have the same person buying 3 new automobiles instead on one.

Like he said!

How do you think Bill Gates became the richest man in the free world? It wasn't by putting out the best product first.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if it's official, but they showed us a white one at the factory on Friday, and said it's a "2004". Also said 2003's would run 3 more weeks, ending Aug. 22

alexWS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man they need to stop screwing around and make the sapphire version already! With it dropped on some chrome HREs the SRT will really start to look good :cool:

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you think Bill Gates became the richest man in the free world? It wasn't by putting out the best product first.

Were still waiting and its been 20 years.

"Welcome to Microsoft, what would you like to reinstall today?"

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, from a marketing perspective....who cares. I know of a certain salesperson with a lot of respect on this board (yes, another Bill P. plug) that has quite a few 'yellow' orders on his to do list. From a potential $80K+ sale today, to making people hold off for a year or two makes sense ONLY when everything is sold out. Which it is. Hmmm, resistance really IS futile. EXCEPT that the Chrysler wing of DC is in BIG financial trouble (still) and they need to sell everything they make, plus as many extras as they can crank out. BUT, with the Vipers tiny volume, it really doesn't matter so why not offer 10 colors if everything is pre-ordered? I wouldn't eat in a restaurant that only had 3 choices. UNLESS it was stuff I already liked. Is anyone annoyed with this rambling yet?

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a marketing perspective, yes it does make sense in Hoosier's scenario. From DC's current financial perspective, its assnine.

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a marketing perspective, yes it does make sense in Hoosier's scenario. From DC's current financial perspective, its assnine.

Im with Bugeater. I think for '04 they should just come out with a YELLOW COUPE. :D

Austin

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once this has run the course then you drop a Coupe styled car on the market and get the same owners to upgrade to this.

Count me out, I will never buy a Coupe'd Viper......."I'm a ragtop guy." :D

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge should be less worried about new colors, and more worried about the fact that the next Z06 is going to match the SRT in hp, not to mention be about 100lbs lighter.

When Lutz himself is talking about a 500hp Z06, something's up.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's interesting to see how Chevy will get that "500hp". I don't see the present LS6 small block getting it.Maybe the C6 Z06 will be the first factory supercharged/turbo corvette? Will Chevy increase the cubic inch displacement and if so will they be hit with a gas guzzler tax, something they said they would never do. Or maybe they'll overrate it and throw a 500hp emblem on the car. ;)
I'm sure Dodge isn't "worried",COO of DC, Wolfgang Bernhardt said that the Viper will never fall behind in performance.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will get the 500+ HP from a 6.4 Litre version of the LS6. Supposedly somebody has already seen these motors at the St.Catherines motor plant. Would be nice...
And no clunks or overheating problems. ;-)

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agent f-stik
Always has to throw a dig about the Viper "for good measure".
Why are you still on this board?
Don't tell me - let me guess.... "I'm a big fan of the Viper, it just doesn't seem like it".

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will get the 500+ HP from a 6.4 Litre version of the LS6. Supposedly somebody has already seen these motors at the St.Catherines motor plant. Would be nice...

Great - I'd like to see the Vette improve. And with a reliable motor, to boot! I am sure the SCCA T1 guys would like to have a car to race that they don't have to carry a spare motor to every event.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GM has NOT announced a 500 HP ZO6. Any predictions as to that are empty ramblings by either magazines or enthusiasts who don't have a clue as to what GM will do. I mean a statement like "supposedly someone has seen these motors at the plant" That is soooo weak. I myself have seen a Cadillac V16, actually looked right at it....Guess what, it ain't gonna get built!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GM has NOT announced a 500 HP ZO6. Any predictions as to that are empty ramblings by either magazines or enthusiasts who don't have a clue as to what GM will do. I mean a statement like "supposedly someone has seen these motors at the plant" That is soooo weak. I myself have seen a Cadillac V16, actually looked right at it....Guess what, it ain't gonna get built!

Amen.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agent f-stik
Always has to throw a dig about the Viper "for good measure".
Why are you still on this board?
Don't tell me - let me guess.... "I'm a big fan of the Viper, it just doesn't seem like it".

Ahhh, I see we still can't take a joke on here. Yes I am a Viper fan (gen II) and will probably add one to my garage when the time is right. I am guessing that we (vette people) get these jabs in in response to all the vette bashing on this forum. I guess it is a good thing we can take a joke! Just some good natured fun, don't take it personal. Goes around comes around. Etc etc etc... Peace.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah but it is still a vette along with the other million out there.

DOUGLAS

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agent f-stik
You have been using the "I'm just kidding" line for as long as you've been on this site, and it has just worn thin with me. It's a joke the first hundred times. After that, I'd think it's thinly veiled ...... I don't know.... trolling???
:)

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agent f-stik
You have been using the "I'm just kidding" line for as long as you've been on this site, and it has just worn thin with me. It's a joke the first hundred times. After that, I'd think it's thinly veiled ...... I don't know.... trolling???
:)
You got me, sorry I didn't realize you were counting. :rolleyes:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah but it is still a vette along with the other million out there.

DOUGLAS

I'm with Douglas, and I'll believe the 500 H.P. from GM when I see it! Maybe!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I retired from GM's Milford Proving Grounds 4 years ago. A friend who still works there told me last week that the 500hp C6s are due to come in for testing..

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I retired from GM's Milford Proving Grounds 4 years ago. A friend who still works there told me last week that the 500hp C6s are due to come in for testing..
Would be nice... Could this mean we will see 600 hp from viper? And how would they do that? I know someone on here was saying use the MB motor but I really can't see that happening.