well it's not a viper, but it is a Dodge

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well it\'s not a viper, but it is a Dodge

I ran [email protected] at 3600ft yesterday in my 95 Stealth on 4 nito 555 drags that was with 18psi boost and 70hp shot of NOS

I also ran a Best ever No NOS time of [email protected] at 3600 ft! with 22psi boost

this car is a 100% street car, and is 4070lb with me in it

Spark blow-out was not alowing me to run any higher boost

i'll post a link to the vids if you all want to see

i cant wait to get down to 0ft and see if I can pull off lo 10's

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: well it\'s not a viper, but it is a Dodge

Fastmatt,

My brother has a stock 1994 TT Stealth - Yellow (13 PSI - I think). Very nice car for the money (used). I was suprised how fast the turbo's spooled up. Lag was not that big of an issue compared to the other ***. imports (Supra, 300 Z, etc..). Here's what I would like to know: What did you do to get to that level of performance, and how much did it cost? Can the engine withstand these boost levels? I'm assuming you have aftermarket turbo's. BTW, here's my humble opinion of the TT Stealth:

1.) Quick car with FAST potential. Turbo's spool quickly.
2.) Very nice brakes.
3.) Car feels/is heavy, and has a lot of body roll. Can this be fixed with subframe connectors, tower strut mounts, etc...?
4.) More of a drag car/cruiser, than a road race car.

Good luck

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

94's run 11.5 psi stock (the stock boost guage is not realy a guage, thy max out past 14psi, when you are making about 7psi)

my Cur. list of mods to the car are

GT-368 TURBOS(ported with 15 drg clip),GT-368 Front mount intercooler, DR-street spec cams, Ross 8.5 to 1 forged pistons, Pauter Rods (0.100" long), very slight head porting, ACR2 W/BIG MAS, 720CC INJECTORS, DENSO FUEL PUMP W/HOT WIRE KIT, KEN BELL BOOST A PUMP, KEN BELL BOOST A SPARK, MAGNECOR WIRES, GFORCE ECU REV LIMITER SET TO 8500RPM, UNORTHODOX UNDERDRIVE PULLEY, UNORTHODOX CAM GEARS, RPS carbon/carbon twin disk clutch, ATR DOWNPIPE, ATR CAT-BACK EXHAUST,DN o2 housing remover pipes, GREDDY 60MM EGT GAUGE, GREDDY 60MM BOOST GAUGE, GREDDY TYPE-S BOV, RC big bore TB, 17x9 TE-37 wheels with nito drags, RSR springs, GAB shocks (no more body roll)

I have about $40,000 in the car total (this is with the Price I payed for the car) so for less than the price of a new Vet, I have a car that runs high 10's at 3600FT (and Zo-6's run mid 13's at that track)

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the tranny's are stronger then you think as long as you "SLIP" the clutch and not dump it... my 93 RT TT has made 100's of 11 sec 1/4 mile passes at the track and 50K miles of street racing and never broke a tranny. (broke lots of clutches). the 93 5spd tranny's seem to hold up the best.

now my 95 RT TT(the 1 in these vids) has used like 4 tranny's (well not the tranny's the FT dif's keep braking, it's in the tranny)
I am working with Kormex on a stronger FT dif that should fix that problem. (the 94 up cars are 6spds)

all and all I think these cars brake allot less tranny's then Vipers do 1/2 shafts.

the tranny's are not to much $, kormex sells the 5spds for $1700, and the 6spds for $2000

lets face it any car running closeto 800hp that is 4000lb is going to brake parts.

And saying that "most people" BPU up-grades is not true any more on these cars, I sell 10 or more sets of turbo upgrades a month. And there are many 600+ hp stealth/3000gt's out there running around.

TurboSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FastMatt:
I have about $40,000 in the car total (this is with the Price I payed for the car) so for less than the price of a new Vet, I have a car that runs high 10's at 3600FT (and Zo-6's run mid 13's at that track)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmmm,its not really a Dodge,its a Mitsubishi.
laugh.gif

Nice street car,but I would rather have the new ZO6!
BTW 2002 ZO6's run mid to low 12's stock.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by TurboSnake on 12-19-2001 at 06:41 PM</font>

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

maybe you would like to have a 2002 ZO-6, but there too dang slow for my blood, I can hardly even stand driving my Viper w/o the NOS on, if feels like a slug (gess that is why I use close to 100lb of NOS a month)
If I got a Zo-6 I would need to put a blower on it just to drive to the store...

2002 Zo-6's DO NOT RUN mid 12's at 3600ft!!! lololololol at 0ft thy do... heck in El Paso TX at 5200ft track I have never seen a Zo-6 get out of the 14's even with mods

TurboSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I live in Michigan and around here they do mid 12's all day,and they turn corners and heads pretty good too!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960