went 11.03 @ 127 in my Roe charged snake

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this last night while missing 4th gear.My question is this;even if I would of hit 4th Id of only trapped about 129 as I shifted at the end of the track .How are some people on this board trapping 136-137 with less of a setup than I have.My car dynod 592 rwhp/605 rwtq with this combo.Wouldnt you need another 100 rwhp to gain 7-8 mph in the quarter?

ohh the track I ran at is at sea level and the temp was 60 degrees on a clear night.

Joe

S

SUN RA KAT

TTBADBOY -

What mods do you have & what settings do you have on your MSD?
-----------------------------------

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not here to call anyone a liar. But, you would need 700RWHP + to trap 137.

So, when somebody claims to have achieved that MPH, they must have 700 at the wheels. So.........I would not be comparing your MPH to anyone elses unless you also compare Dyno sheets.

For your power, 129 is not bad. I bet you could get it to 132 on a great run. Congrats on the run!!!!!!

Regards,

OP
OP
D

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martin D:
I am not here to call anyone a liar. But, you would need 700RWHP + to trap 137.

So, when somebody claims to have achieved that MPH, they must have 700 at the wheels. So.........I would not be comparing your MPH to anyone elses unless you also compare Dyno sheets.

For your power, 129 is not bad. I bet you could get it to 132 on a great run. Congrats on the run!!!!!!

Regards,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks,its definitely there.I just had a hard time hitting the gears.Does anyone make a shifter thats a little smoother.I believe some of my shifting problems are coming from the shorter shifter handle.

Sun Ra Kat,
I was running a quarter on the retard and should have run it at zero but I forgot it was on.

Thanks for that link,I feel better now.I went home somewhat upset but now I feel as if I have a benchmark to improve from.

Joe

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martin D:
So, when somebody claims to have achieved that MPH, they must have 700 at the wheels.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Claims ???? I don't see my car having anywhere near that hp.

This got me wondering if the clocks were off but I compared to my other run in the 1/8 at another track and the 1/8 mile time and mph is correct. The conversion for 1/8 to 1/4 et is also in line. And I believe the mph, based on rpm at the finish line. I even got an e-mail from a tuner asking if I had turned the boost up or added n02....while that was a nice complement, neither was done.
Here is another one for you: George Bryce at VOI 60" = 1.48 [email protected] 625 rwhp

TTbadboy, What do you mean when you say the msd was at a quarter ? Where on the dial was it 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 ?
FYI, mine was set at .5 for three passes mph= 136.34, 137.23, 137.67 and one pass at a msd setting of 1.0 mph= 133.23
The 133.23 had a 60' of 1.498 as good or better than the other three.
Retard = lots of horsepower.

My car dynoed before s/c best of three runs a 403/447 on a Mustang dyno which they say is 15% short of a DynoJet. Calculate for a DynoJet = 463/514

OP
OP
D

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My MSD was set at .5 or less.It was probably closer to .5 but still that is how I dynod the car when I got the 592/605 numbers.When I realized the settings I zerod it out but then went out and missed 2 gears.
pissed.gif

Joe

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, it will get better. Missed gears, yes I have heard tales of 3 to 2 shifts from some.............on one of my runs I got in a hurry and from 3 hit the gate between 2 and 4 stupidly did a "restroke" and put it in 2.....I probably only slid the rears about 5 -10 feet. Luckly no damage was done but it killed the mph
smile.gif

Anybody thought about octane booster ? I saw Kennebell recommended nos octane booster. It is suppose to be a good increase unlike the ones that say 4 points and really mean .4 Nos comes in 3 grades, I just poured in the middle grade today and it is supposed to raise octane 3-5 points. Tech said figure 3 on premium and higher on lower octane. I am an nos dealer and the cost is $6.35 per can plus shipping minumum 6 cans in a case and less than a $50 order add $5.00. So I ordered myself 2 cases (12 cans)If anybody wants some I will be glad to have it drop shipped to you at my cost. Any other nos stuff at or close to cost also.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony - No flame toward you intended.

You are correct - GB3 is somewhat of an anomoly. I would be curious to see his area under the curve and what his RWTQ numbers are. Bottom line is that if you went 137 with your car, that is totally awesome. I think maybe you should get that thing down to the Dyno (dynojet) and see what you have got. I would love to see the car....I can meet you at Dynolab over in Marietta next week if you have the time!

Regards,

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to do a DynoJet, maybe next time before a VCA meeting. It would be nice to have the vec2 on.....only a good safe tuneup may slow my car.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simply answer to TONY's mph if you take a naturally aspirated car with 625 hp and a nitrous supplied car with the same dyno numbers the nitrous car will have more mph. Why I don't know maybe someone can explain that.

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi gang. I dynoed my car today. I got 616 at 5800. My torque was over 600 from 3000 to 5400....peaking 650 at 4600. it is a fat curve. I pick up a lot of mph by shifting real quick. Doug's
HP calculater has me making alot more than I make. When I ran in Ky. I had a 3.33 gear....and did not get to peak hp in 4th. So I just put a new 3.55 in. It is way more fun to drive too. I put 300 miles on it today. I went to a mustang club dyno day....with my Snake...they freaked when I put the ACR on the Dynojet!!!! GB3

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Them numbers don't sound bad but 129 mph is low for a sc car due to I have gone 128mph on motor with 520 to the wheels. A little more practice and I am sure you will see 132 to 134mph....

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor start or poor shift - it will do very little to make a major change in MPH as long as you stay on the throttle all the way thru the light following the 1/4 mile marker. Slight Braking or allowing the engine to brake the car will drastically change the MPH

OP
OP
D

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That may be it Jack.One other thing is Im still running the stock gearing.Maybe a swap to a 3.42 or something will help the torque multiplication.I noticed Im just getting into 4th at the end of the quarter with this setup.What do you think?

Joe