Went to a car meet..porshe guys not happy

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to a cars and cofee event. pulled in and their were 30 bmw's and 10 porshes and a few imports. so i drove through hopeing to see some f cars and lambos but none were their. so as im driving through you can see the atmosphere litterally changing as its almost a slow motion movie moment as people turn around and point while i make my aproach. i cruise right by the numerous posches huddled in a group as they glance in a hidden side eye stare and park next to the only other american cars their. a purple charger and a red srt8 20 feet from the p cars. now honestly p cars do nothing for me. it lloks like somthing i would drive if i had been born with a gape between my legs. as well rather the 60k cayman of 120k tt model and everything in between parked 20 feet away they all look the same to me. so i didnt even bother checking them out. i observed a few p owners snickering over my american choice. but that didnt seem to effect people walking by the p car huddle and takeing pics of the lowly domestic. lol

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it more entertaining to look at the clothing they wear and the little doggies they carry around than the cars they drive, although that may only be a California thing.

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive owned many porsches, turbo's gt3rs's etc, they have all come and gone, but my viper is the car that is real scarey, its the bollix, you cant compare
I got truly converted and would never go back

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As Viper R mentioned , it could be a California thing, I often wonder if the reaction to Vipers is somewhat of a Regional phenomenon?? The Porsche Clubs in our area are a really great group and they actively invite quite a few of other make drivers to their events. They have even asked a number of us to take their Porsche Driver Education class to serve as Instructors for their events. The local car clubs and event organizers seem to include Vipers and MoPars in many of the car shows, but there seems to be a general respect for most cool cars here in the Midwest , regardless of make. Now if you mentioned if there is a new found respect when a Snake gets on the track here in Nebraska, Kansas , etc. I would have to say that most of the Car Clubs are surprisingly respectful and impressed with the Vipers track prowess.

Little dogs and cars are probably more of a West Coast thing, regardless of make,ha,ha.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister should just race a few of them. After they beat him, they won't feel as threatened when he shows up.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went to the 2011 Historic Races Mission Raceway yesterday.There are always a slew of modern machinery there beside the vintage racers. My friend with his Noble M400 , a Carrera GT, Lamborghini Gallardo, couple of ZO6's ,Ford GT and few other racers giving rides to people for charity to local children's hospital. Don't have a certificate myself , so I entered the car corral next to Ferraris Porsches ,Aston Martins, Panteras etc....The corral giving a few parade laps between races and who would have thought, I got best show trophy for my 99 GTS from the Mayors of the Historic Races of Mission Raceway 2011. Guess they recognized the legendary styling of a LeMans car, hehe.I've talked to the Ferrari and Porsche guys and none of them had their noses turned up. Only one guy walked up to me asking the silly question, which car I prefer to drive. ZO6 or Viper? Told him I like the ZO6 but owning a Viper should speak for itself,haha.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Towdog...not understanding the mentioning of my daughter in your post? please refrain from that. thanks

as for the speed of my car. well at 32xx pounds and 500 rwhp and 540 rwt she is fast enough for me.

recently hit a long straight against a lp570 superleggera. if you dont know this is the newest and greatest gallardo at 570 crank hp and 3300 pounds. road and track tested it to 0 to 60 mph in 3.0 and the quarter mile in 11.0 at 129 mph. also a blistering 0 to 150 mph in 15.5 seconds. dwarfing the mighty 2008 vipers 16.4 time as well as the zr1s 17.0.

a lp570 is the real deal and the only porshe that can come anywhere near its 129 mph trap speed or 15 second 0 to 150 mph time is the 500k porsche Enzo fighter.

so how did my 9 year old viper with an extra 50 hp and 120 pounds of weight reduction fair against the 302k lp570 superleggera From a low second gear roll to the top of fourth gear before brakeing for a long right sweeper?

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down man. Just bustin your balls.
I actually enjoy some of your informative vids, but the racing ones get old because I think I've seen 50 of them and seen you win once.
The comment about your daughter on a bike was not anything bad at all or any type of shot against your family. I was just saying she could probably beat you on her bike.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As Viper R mentioned , it could be a California thing, I often wonder if the reaction to Vipers is somewhat of a Regional phenomenon?? The Porsche Clubs in our area are a really great group and they actively invite quite a few of other make drivers to their events. They have even asked a number of us to take their Porsche Driver Education class to serve as Instructors for their events. The local car clubs and event organizers seem to include Vipers and MoPars in many of the car shows, but there seems to be a general respect for most cool cars here in the Midwest , regardless of make. Now if you mentioned if there is a new found respect when a Snake gets on the track here in Nebraska, Kansas , etc. I would have to say that most of the Car Clubs are surprisingly respectful and impressed with the Vipers track prowess.

I'll second that... around here there's no Porsche/BMW/Vette/ etc snobbery. Sure, there's good-natured ribbing that goes on, but generally, every show, race, or car event I've been to (with any of my 3 SRTs), I've seen nothing but respect given by other "nice" car owners. If anything, you're likely to see a 9- or 10-second driver be humble and point out the faults with his car, rather than act like a nose-turned elitist.

Of course, around here, you're just as likely to get your 6-figure ass whooped on the road by a $10,000 sleeper that someone has souped up, and therein lies the humility by anyone who has spent money instead of turning their own wrench.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you can generalize a group car owners by the actions of a few. Little dogs that weigh less than 5 lbs. should be kept in purses at home though...LOL

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
... it lloks like somthing i would drive if i had been born with a gape between my legs. as well rather the 60k cayman of 120k tt model and everything in between parked 20 feet away they all look the same to me. so i didnt even bother checking them out. i observed a few p owners snickering over my american choice. but that didnt seem to effect people walking by the p car huddle and takeing pics of the lowly domestic. lol

I'll add that in order to be accepted at social events like a Cars & Coffee, it usually helps if you're, you know, social.

I mean, I love having people gawk at my car, but I at least take the time to get to meet a few other car owners and ask about their rides, too.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok towdog. Honestly I didn't know what a swin or what ever you said she was ridding was a bike. Don't even wanna say what I thought it was or wasn't in another launguage.

gl=US#/watch?v=hR9btcL3Vpk

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be regional as any of the events here in Colorado, everyone likes just about everyone with a car. Guess we are just glad when people bring something out! I agree on the social aspect. The Shelby Breakfast Club and the Porsche Breakfast club come out time to time and they are all great guys and gals, very sociable. The Ferrari, Lambo and Aston crew comes out too and they are all okay as well. The only people the some take issue to are the ones who own the auto clubs etc. as they just come to push their crap, not to be social and enjoy people's company. The Ford GT crew out here, well most think their SH$% don't stink. Some are great guys but others are extremely arrogant. Even to other Ford owners which is weird.

I can tell you I get the most looks and discussion when I bring my old 1969 Mach 1 out. People will literally drag their kids across a parking lot to show them the car they learned to drive in. However that said, when I take my Viper out, even if there are other Viper's there for some reason EVERYONE wants a picture of themselves by my car. It seems at least a dozen people from 8:00 am to 11:00 am each Saturday want their picture by the Viper. It is kind of interesting. Must be the Blue with Silver Stripes Coupe aspect or something. I only get positive comments and I only give positive compliments. It is suppose to be fun.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I stopped a few weeks ago and drove my first Porsche. Thinking that it might be a better "everyday, year around" car for me. I didn't fall in love with it at all.
The owner of the dealership came out to talk to me about it after I got back. He TOLD me that Porsche is the way to go and that my Viper was a crap car, he nit picked Vipers so bad, I wish I had it on tape. (Way to sell a guy on a car by trashing the one he owns). That he only drives Porsche and no car company can match how well there made, drive, resale, etc. If i wasn't in love with the car afer this test drive, he made my thoughts real clear, if I'm going to act like that after buying one then I don't want one.

I'm not saying Porsche owners are like this but this guy is giving them a bad name and he sells them.

chiurw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to a car show last month and took my Viper to it. No Porsches but a lot of Corvettes and a few Cobras. The Corvette guys/gals were pretty cool and we exhanged information but the Cobra guys were full of themselves. In the end, a lot of people flocked over to my Viper once I opened the hood.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean real cobras and not the mustangs right. Mustang cobra owners usually drool all over vipers

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Porsche makes a fine product. The car is not responsible for the misguided actions of those owners who believe that somehow their self worth is increased beyond that of others who are porschless. It's just a car.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised about that. The Viper and cobra have so much in common. The GTS is basically a bigger badder cobra for the modern day

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Porsche owners aren't that bad. At least here in the southeast. I do have one, I split the drive time with the viper. The bmw owners r the douches around here.
:)
I could never drive a bmw

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its funny I have traveled all over the country the last 8 years installing clear bras and I have met great people that drive all kinds of cars. I will say the Viper owners are the best overall group (I was one so maybe a little biased) but all of the Porsche owners I have done work for were great people. Theres always some in every group that give them a bad name... and that applies to Viper owners as well, but overall I have found that anyone that drives a sports car has a deep appreciation for other sports cars as well. Yeah that first minute or two at the car show where the Vette guys are staring you down may be awkward, but if you go be yourself and talk to them they all seem to be great people. Afterall everyone has the same interest at car shows... nice cars. And none of these cars, including the Viper, would be what it is today without other auto makers pushing the envelope.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte