West Coast Viper VS DC Performance for paxton install

SD SRT Coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Which shop should I go with? It looks like DC is about $500-$700 more expensive for the labor. Anyone have any advice/experiences?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've spoken with both of these shops and they both seem VERY knowledgable about SRT Vipers -- probably can't go wrong with either, but I like the idea of DC's custom PCM flash vs. a piggy-back tuning job.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've spoken with both of these shops and they both seem VERY knowledgable about SRT Vipers -- probably can't go wrong with either, but I like the idea of DC's custom PCM flash vs. a piggy-back tuning job.

Pretty sure they still use the piggy back in addition to their pcm flash.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have only dealt with DC performance for a PCM and some brief questions. Met the guys at VOI9. Very nice guys and they know Vipers. Very helpful. If I was going to do a Paxton, they would be who Id call. Honestly I dont know anything of the other shop,so I cant give you any feedback.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Which shop should I go with? It looks like DC is about $500-$700 more expensive for the labor. Anyone have any advice/experiences?

Don't ever put price on Quality. I would rather pay more now than..........

OP
OP
S

SD SRT Coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score

West Coast can do the pcm flash tune too.

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John @ WCV installed mine and everything went pretty good But I gotta go with the DC Boys, They really take care of their clients and there prices are better! :nana:

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had great success with Dan regarding upgrades/minor issues with my Paxton SRT Ram. He didnt install the Paxton but did provide excellent service over the phone in diagnosing some "issues" I was having.

I know of at least a handful of SRT Ram guys who have had Dan build their rigs. Although not directly related to the Viper Dan is the only one that I know of who has spent countless hours of research and development on the dyno finding ways to improve the out of the box Paxton package. Just his blower flash alone improved my 1/4 mile time a full second.

You wont regret going to Dan and the guys for your Paxton upgrade!!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a dyno graph of my PAxton Unit as installed by Dan @ DC, this pull is a heat soaked pull, the ones where the unit was "cold" were well over 800RWHP, this one is a paultry 768RWHP and tonnes of TQ for a paxton unit

Dyno_Heat_Soaked2.jpg

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go with Dan at D C Performance. There has never been a time that I have called Dan that he has not dropped what he was doing and given me his full attention for as long as I needed. The same holds true for Chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge on the East Coast.

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had nothing but great experiences from both shops. When WCV was in temecula location (4yrs ago?) worked on my previous GTS (venom650) he showed what the customer service is all about by picking up the car and delivering to my house (about 50 mi each way) in the enclosed trailer not to mention the great result. DC on the other hand worked on my current SRT10 and all I can say is WOW~ they are the viper expert. I'm also thinking about paxton & motons for my SRT10 this summer and I will go with DC simply because DC knows my car and had more experience with the paxton. But I tell ya, you can't go wrong with either one of them.

Gregory

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Both good guys, but just keep in mind that Dan was there with the boys from Paxton assisting with their R & D. We have had over 85 installs now and got the initial advice from Mr. Cragin and folks at DC Performance.

Have heard nothing but good things about both places from out customers in California.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21