Westchester Turkey Rally: Nov. 21

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have been invited to this rally and if you like to attend please post here :drive:

The Turkey Tour Rally will take place on it's regular schedule, the weekend before Thanksgiving, on November 21, 2009. This will be an evening rally starting in the Applebee's parking lot. The start will be in the back of the Target/Grocery Store parking lot. Registration will take place from 5pm - 6:30pm, mandatory drivers meeting will occur at 6:30pm, and the first car off will be at 7:01pm.

http://www.wscc.org/flyers/2009TurkeyTourFlyer.pdf

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed So Far:
*** BLK + Georgia
Chazz + Carrie
Hyman
Rocky + Crissy
SlateEd + Courtney

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The flyer didn't explain it well enough for me to "get it" so i dug up some more info from the WSCC website - in case this is helpful:

"
Westchester Sports Car Club Rallies

RALLIES: These are events in which a driver/navigator team follow written instructions at specified speeds (always within the speed limits) over public roads. These events usually are 50 to 70 miles long and take two to three hours to complete. WSCC sponsers several rallies each year including one of the oldest consecutively held rallies in the United States. They are fun oriented time-distance rallies in and around Westchester County.

For our evening rallies: registration is from 5:00PM - 6:30PM, there is a mandatory drivers meeting at 6:40PM. The first car off leaves at 7:00PM + [car number], therefore, if you are car number 4 you will leave at 7:00PM + 4 minutes or 7:04PM. The event is a timed event and not a race, there should be no occasion to exceed the speed limit at any time during the rally. You are instructed to locate as many rally signs along the route. Each sign is worth a certain number of seconds. The goal is to find as many rally signs as possible and to get the closest to the correct rally time. A perfect rally time is 0 seconds off actual rally time and finding every sign on the rally adds 0 seconds to that time.

Good luck. "

oh, and I'm in :drive:

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any group interest in finding a place near the start of the rally to eat before the sign-in?

There's an Applebee's with good parking 1/2 mile from the start, or plenty of other places in the area if burgers and Fiesta Lime Chicken is a no-go :)

Excellent Italian restaurant about 8 miles or so from the start with good parking also - I had the Viper there a few times this summer - but we'd need to start earlier for that option.

Thoughts???

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SlateEd, sounds good something quick and easy nothing fancy :eater:

How's Applebee's for everyone?
The rally starts at the Target/Applebee's parking lot, so it can't get any more convenient.
Registration runs 5-6:30, so if we're in there by 5 we'll have enough time to eat and get registered up before 630... anyone willing to get there 430-5???

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was car number 15 to leave the starting point, Gary/Britney car number 6, and SlateEd/Courtney car number 12......now the results in returning to starting point:

(1) *** BLK/Georgia
(2) Gary/Britney and SlateEd/Courtney-tie :D

now I'm off to Moriches Diner :headbang:

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Red is faster

We've figured it out.. my Slate can't be as fast because all the metallic flake adds wind resistance... that's why we filled in all the texture with dust on those back roads - to keep up with the smooth paint colors :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang