Western Maryland Fall Cruise this Sunday, November 6th, 2011

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Western Maryland Fall Cruise 2011

Cruise Details: The Western Maryland Fall Cruise may likely be one of the last times to get your Viper out before the real cold weather and inclement conditions hit our area. This year’s cruise will start in New Market, Maryland and end at Miyako Restaurant in Frederick, Maryland. Our route will take us through Libertytown, New Windsor, Taneytown, Emmitsburg, Waynesboro, Smithsburg and along Greenbrier State Park on our way back into Frederick. A map along with detailed driving instructions will be provided.

When: Sunday, November 6th, 2011

Time: Cruise - Meet @ 10 AM, Depart promptly @ 10:30 AM
Lunch - 1:00 PM
Meeting Place: Park and Ride off Route 75 East in New Market, Exit 62. If traveling I-70 East, take exit 62, veer off to right (follow signs to Park and Ride), Park and Ride is straight ahead. If traveling I-70 West, take exit 62, come to stop sign and make left turn onto Route 75. Proceed over I-70, Park and Ride is straight ahead.

Note: If you need gas or a restroom stop prior to arriving at meeting location, there are two gas stations located off of Route 144. If you come in I-70 East, make a left instead of a right on Route 75, proceed about ½ mile and make a right on MD 144, you will see the gas stations and shopping centers on both sides of the about 200 yards ahead. Our first leg of the trip will be about 45 miles, you will be able to get Exxon gasoline at this pit stop.

Restaurant: Miyako Japanese Steakhouse
5500 Buckeystown Pike #615
Frederick, MD 21703
TEL: (301) 631-0331

The restaurant is located inside FSK Mall. When entering off of the Route 85 entrance, veer towards the right after the Shell gas station. Take the mall loop past the Sears and Value City. The mall entrance to the restaurant is right next to the Macy’s.

You have the option of attending the cruise and/or the lunch.

In the event of rain, the cruise will be cancelled, but not the lunch. Feel free to come up with your daily driver.

Please PM me if you plan to attend. Please specify number of people and whether you will be doing the cruise and lunch or just lunch

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the road salt situation like on our route? Hate to say it, but I'm not too excited about what I'm seeing around here. :(

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planning on driving route later this week to make sure they are good.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on the salt issue. I'll be there if the roads are viper worthy....

It was mostly rain near me so no salt.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Partying with the in-laws this weekend. Won't be able to make it. Bummer!

i got the dates for the party wrong. I'll be at the cruise.

Question: What's the protocol on non-Viper friends who want to come on the cruise with the club? My bro-in-law has an M3 and would like to come on the cruise with us. He could pay his own way for lunch. Just wondering.

Dood

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has to buy ALL of our lunches and wash and wax ALL of our cars to pay homage. :D lol

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your buddy with the M3 can come along. All is ask is the he hangs out in the back of the pack and drives in such a fashion to not cause issues. He also has to buy my lunch.....just kidding, but paying his own way is necessary.

See you guys tomorrow.

John

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent a mass email out, I drove the route today and the roads are very clear. Best they have been in previous years when it hasn't snowed. Storm washed away a lot of the leaves I suppose.

See you tomorrow.

John

+1 on the salt issue. I'll be there if the roads are viper worthy....

It was mostly rain near me so no salt.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One last thing I thought about tonight. The clocks fall back tonight. Be sure to correct your clocks so that you don't turn up an hour early.