What a Day for a Drive

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got back from about a 2 hour drive in my new-to-me (had it two weeks) 2003! Absolutely fantastic weather here today in Chester County, PA. This car gets more thumbs up and acknowledgements more than any car I've ever driven - even my 07 Superbee SRT, and my mother's 71 Jag E V12.

The car runs like a dream. Considering it has 23,500 miles, it shifts very smoothly, and I'm really getting used to running up and down the gears, and the power. The clutch feels good, even in some gridlock contstruction traffic I got caught in. Since the car is getting PA inspected this Friday, I wanted to really give it a workout to see if I could spot any potential issues. None so far, all temps are normal, and she spits and rumbles! Don't think the old run-flats will pass inspection, but I was planning on replacing them anyway. Only other issue I see is that the breaks squeal a bit, so we'll see if I need brakes.

Just want to thank Bernie and Graciela Katz at BJ Motors again, for bringing a smile to my face! I've always wanted a Viper, and now I have one. Was a big expenditure, but hey, it's an investment that may hold up better than some "blue-chip" stocks I took a bath on. And you can't put a price on quality of life issues.

Scott

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the Viper, got any pics?

brakes squeal? lotta brake dust too?

hummm might be some good pads on there, check it out:)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, you should have let me know you were going for a drive, 2 hours would have been perfect, we could have met in the middle:drive:1 hour each way for both of us

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like fun...
I spent my morning with the local cobra club. Now I'm sittin' here at work.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the Viper, got any pics?

brakes squeal? lotta brake dust too?

hummm might be some good pads on there, check it out:)

I would be more concerned if they didnt squeal, and if there is no brake dust....i want the same pads:2tu:

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup, there is dust, and squeal. You want dust, if any of are also SRT8 owners, you MUST know dust. The Superbee I can clean the wheels, drive a mile, and they are filthy again. But the car stops!!

Aside from running (I'm about a 30 mile a week runner), I think driving to nowhere is excellent therapy. Let's me clear my head.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm up here in Hatfield and IMO - Too hot for me today. Maybe early AM would've been good, but I was busy sleeping.;)

FWIW, if you are going to replace the Runflats, PS2's are a great upgrade! Much smoother/quieter. :2tu:

I had an '06 Coupe and I couldn't wait to ditch the Runflats on that car.

JHill9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. I know the feeling (only had mine for a few weeks). You still poke your head in the garage to make sure it isn't a dream? :lmao:

And post up some pics!!!!!