What a Perfect Day...........235+ MPH

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Several of us were out at Johnny Bohmer Proving Grounds event on Feb 10th, up early and out at the runway with high expectations for the day. Tech inspections done, cars numbered, safety briefings done and we all roll out on the runway and line up for our 1/2 mile shakedown runs. All went well other than car kept going into limp mode when I lifted after crossing line. We just kept clearing the codes and going again. Mile runs get started, I had a goal of 200+ in the mile and within a run or 2 it hit 203.896 MPH and I was done with the mile. After that it's time for the big runs, 2+ miles on a 3.3 mile long runway. My first run was 229.445 MPH with a passenger........and I'm already realizing that this is going to be an insane day! So I figure out my passenger weighs at least 1 MPH so I tell that fat guy to get out. Next run is 232.672 MPH and I knew it had more in it. So we back up to the grass, launch hard, as I'm shifting into third it hangs up in neutral and my hand hits the dash and cuts my finger, not looking good but I recover and quickly get back to business. Bad thing was in the process of all this I forget to arm the computer that controls the nitrous, so now I'm at the top of forth and I hit the switches, shift to 5th and wait the 7 seconds it takes to arm. Finally at maybe 185-190 MPH I hear it and feel it. Now it's just waiting for the magic number. I'm going from tach to looking down track over and over, tach is bouncing back and forth, I see the timing lights and cones coming up, by now I'm talking to the car, convincing it that a few more RPM is all I need................finish line, I lift, let the car settle, lay into the brakes, lift off and just as I'm about to lay into them again the dash lights up, every warning light is on and then the tach goes to zero, no power, no power brakes, no power steering so I'm picking the spot that I'm going to end up. I've got all the leg I have on that whoa petal and it doesn't end badly. I get it started and back up out of the grass, cycle the key a few times and get most of the lights to clear and get it out of limp mode. Back to start and on the way I look over at the guy running the timing and he has both hands up in the air, with what just happened I assume he was just glad car and I were ok. I get back to start and the crowd is already coming my way............235.232 MPH.........fastest car there to include the Lambo crowd and a Porsche 918. After that finish I was done for the day, didn't need another ride after that one. Now no one tell my wife but I hear 250 MPH isn't that much further..........LOL

JANEY

VCA Member-Director MW Zone & Great Lakes Region
Venom Member
Reaction score
:slomo: W@W! Thanks for sharing!

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on taking home the win. What are your mods?

My client was in the black Murci that ran 222.9mph.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Your client is great guy.........Donald I think but I might be wrong on that. He was quick and damn that car has a great sound.

Thanks and the mods/safety mods I have are:
1-0.76 5th gear ( by Alex )
2-Balenger Headers with cat delete and 3" Corsa
3-UD Pulley
4-Wave Trax LSD
5-3.21 differential gear
6-2 piece brake rotors
7-HP Tuner ( tuned by Larry Macedo )
8-BC Racing coilovers ( extremely lowered as runway is so smooth )
9-Autoform Rollbar
10-Autoform Hardtop modified for 200+
11-Simpson 6 point Harnesses
12-Halon Fire Extinguisher
13-Bridgestone 345/35-19 rear tires for 2+ mile runs ( use Pirelli 355/30-19 for mile runs )
14-Nitrous Outlet plate system and controller with approx. 140 shot ( only sprays at approx. 185 MPH )
15-104 octane fuel
16-Long wheel studs and open ended lugnuts
17-XS Power high amperage battery

I may have missed a few things but this is basically what got the car to 235 MPH, we also remove the mirrors, wipers, tape the seams and use a hydrophobic wax. I have a few more aero upgrades coming to help get a little more out of it I hope.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Here is my 204 MPH 1 mile run from Feb 10, 2018. I hope the 235 video will be available soon.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks Jeff and Steve. Here are a few pictures from Feb 10th, one with that world record setting Hellcat and another right after I did my 235 MPH run.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here is a video of a 2.3 mile run. This one was right before my 235 MPH 2.5 mile run.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
LOL, it was funny, Rusty doesn't talk a lot either and even when he does it's very low key. After I did the 235 MPH run and got back to start line a crowd of guys were around me as I pulled up, I hear one of them say " you just ran 235", one of the Lambo guys standing there then says " 235 point what?" and the guy replies " 235 point F&%$ you he just ran 235 MPH!" Everyone there busted out laughing, including me. I still can't believe it did that, I was expecting a really solid 225+ but to go that far beyond that was crazy. When they hand out the awards/badges etc at the end of the event I got poked at a little more, Johnny calls me up last, tells the crowd " And now we have dangerous Dave the lawn mower man, you do realize they pay contractors to mow that grass at the end of the runway and don't really need you to help them" I actually thought I had gotten away with that little incursion into the green concrete but apparently fire/rescue had snitched on me.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
lol, GREAT STORY!!!

It's those little things that make the day even better

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Here is the 235 MPH certificate from IMRA, doesn't look like there will be a 235 video as there wasn't a camera in the car for that. Doesn't hurt my feelings considering where the car stopped at the end of that run. I'm hoping I'm able to do a 250 MPH run at some point but that will require a lot more work and a chute.

Attachments

• 235.232 MPH Certificate.pdf
    681.3 KB · Views: 5