What are you expecting to see tonight in the "teaser" pic?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, it makes the point that the new Viper is an SRT product...what else do you expect? BTW, what EXACTLY is the new Viper called? SRT10? SRTViper? or just VIPER by SRT?

...surely it will have big aggressive hood vents??

Last edited:

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
It kinda dooes a little like this. That being said, if it ends up like the Volado design, I'M GETTING ONE!!!!!!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corvette guys are going to love the "new" roof accent lines.

You must be registered for see images

Camaro guys too:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ True, but then again the vette and camaro have an evolution of the "double bubble" that the Viper sported first. And we all know the C6 ripped off the SRT Viper's design. Hopefully the C7 goes it's own route this time.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks like a wide body. IMO if SRT wants to knock the socks off the competition the ACR will be 3-4" wider and resemble a road legal GT3 car. I bet they could easily get $140k + if they did it right and the performance backs it up.

I think you are right maybe I exaggerated the lines a little bit maybe it would be more like:

or even narrower:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ True, but then again the vette and camaro have an evolution of the "double bubble" that the Viper sported first. And we all know the C6 ripped off the SRT Viper's design. Hopefully the C7 goes it's own route this time.

"Double bubble" roofs have been around since the 1950s. The Viper didn't have it first. Numerous cars had it back then. Not many did the creased lines as shown by the two GM examples, however. I actually like the smoother roof of the Gen 2-4.

Here is a 1956 Ferrari:

How about a 1952 Zagato?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on the Clay version there were no hood vents per say but the dive in scoops like on a Ford GT. The roof line looks the same but there is a Semi circle amount of roof that encroaches on the rear hatch glass.

Bruce

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on the Clay version there were no hood vents per say but the dive in scoops like on a Ford GT. The roof line looks the same but there is a Semi circle amount of roof that encroaches on the rear hatch glass.

Bruce

This is exactly my thoughts but the headlights look different to me.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted a timeless look and that means curves, not edges. Looking at that silhouette, I'm feeling some disappointment. The roof line shows edges not curves. It's almost a given that the side profile will have edges. I'm glad I didn't stay up because I have that sinking feeling again.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bruce

Bruce, like this?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silouhette they teased is not much of anything. It is extremely vague, IMO. It definitely leaves you to have to imagine what the hell is under all of the colored in black area.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a very rude and crude overlay against the mule and how it might look. Looks to me like the mule is sporting those deep F50/Ford GT style hood ducts mentioned above.

Last edited:

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wish they would have showed more, but for now here is my wild guess... Time for Photoshop experts to do a rendering :)

That looks amazing, like a street serpent kit. I hope you're right, Tony!

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you are right maybe I exaggerated the lines a little bit maybe it would be more like:

or even narrower:

Based on this:

and this:

I would say this must be somewhat close...

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce, like this?

The Volado design is the closest i have seen but still a ways off. Looking from the front you will not see the vents on either side of the center scoop and the front end is a lot cleaner that the Volado design car. If it looks like the clay rendering you will not be dissapointed, however the rims on the clay model were a floral design which did not get a lot of good response.

Bruce

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks amazing, like a street serpent kit. I hope you're right, Tony!

Thanks a lot :), you know I think I went a little too wide but it would be amazing if they would have gone wider as well. Although it doesn't look like they did based on the spy shots. I'd say the one in my previous post is probably more realistic.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have thought about this all day and personally, I think your all rather delusional and are looking WAY to much into that mule and that **** of a drawing that keeps getting reposted...

Look at the mule. Look at the headlights. Look at just how sharp and angular they are. When I first saw those photos I couldn't help but think, 'F430'. Those headlights just don't look like they belong on the car. Same thing goes for those two 'vents' towards the NACA duct in the center. They look like they came off the Ferrari 599. Car companies will use a ton of fake stuff and camo to fool the cameras.

The teaser released last night is completely different. I really don't see the two correlating with one another. Other than the fact we know they both feature the NACA duct.

This is nice...BUT...

A. Those lines are TOO WIDE compared to what I see...

B. The gen V isn't supposed to look like a gen III/IV

C. Ralph said clamshell hood, IF you took a gen III/IV hood and opened it clamshell style then it's a Vette.

I myself am seeing gen I/II, alot, almost everytime I look at the teaser. I see something new that reminds me of old, Sergio wouldn't have jumped the gun on a project that fast if it was something like that Volado thing. We would be waiting an extra 2 years instead. When Ralph mentioned clamshell the first thing I thought of was the Mercedes SLR. That car features a big hood but it doesn't hang down on either side.

Take note we still don't know what the rear end looks like. That's a mystery to be figured out in April.

--RS

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have thought about this all day and personally, I think your all rather delusional and are looking WAY to much into that mule and that **** of a drawing that keeps getting reposted...

Look at the mule. Look at the headlights. Look at just how sharp and angular they are. When I first saw those photos I couldn't help but think, 'F430'. Those headlights just don't look like they belong on the car. Same thing goes for those two 'vents' towards the NACA duct in the center. They look like they came off the Ferrari 599. Car companies will use a ton of fake stuff and camo to fool the cameras.

The teaser released last night is completely different. I really don't see the two correlating with one another. Other than the fact we know they both feature the NACA duct.

This is nice...BUT...

A. Those lines are TOO WIDE compared to what I see...

B. The gen V isn't supposed to look like a gen III/IV

C. Ralph said clamshell hood, IF you took a gen III/IV hood and opened it clamshell style then it's a Vette.

I myself am seeing gen I/II, alot, almost everytime I look at the teaser. I see something new that reminds me of old, Sergio wouldn't have jumped the gun on a project that fast if it was something like that Volado thing. We would be waiting an extra 2 years instead. When Ralph mentioned clamshell the first thing I thought of was the Mercedes SLR. That car features a big hood but it doesn't hang down on either side.

Take note we still don't know what the rear end looks like. That's a mystery to be figured out in April.

--RS

Oh come on! Don't be so serious. Some of us where just having some fun with the teaser shot the SRT guys showed us and I'm pretty sure that's what they wanted to achieved. It's fun to speculate specially when we are just a few months away from the release. Note it's not like anyone is saying "ha, I know exactly how it's going to look like". We don't know and that is part of the fun. As you stated we know nothing about how the rear end would look like and I'm personally hoping it would be an amazing transformation as it's IMHO the rear that could be improved the most.

On second note I think from the spy shoots you can easily see that the next gen would most likely share some similarities with gen3/4 vipers contrary to what you think but definitely bringing back some of the gen1/2 cues and style. And seriously if you can't see any resemblance between the GTS and this:

you might need some new glasses.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It kinda dooes a little like this. That being said, if it ends up like the Volado design, I'M GETTING ONE!!!!!!

Volado is by far the best design I have seen and the only one I would consider so far-for the right price!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not too sure about the pic but it should be OK for getting up and down steep driveways without a Chin guard :D

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Double bubble" roofs have been around since the 1950s. The Viper didn't have it first. Numerous cars had it back then. Not many did the creased lines as shown by the two GM examples, however. I actually like the smoother roof of the Gen 2-4.

Here is a 1956 Ferrari:

How about a 1952 Zagato?

I'm aware the Viper wasn't the first ever. My post was referring to relevance, as in for this time period. It brought the double bubble back. Thus Vette copied the Viper.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm aware the Viper wasn't the first ever. My post was referring to relevance, as in for this time period. It brought the double bubble back. Thus Vette copied the Viper.

And you don't think the Corvette/Camaro crowd won't say that this rendering copied their creases on the roof? Viper didn't have that distinguishing set of creases. I hope they didn't copy anything else similar to a Corvette. That is all I'm saying.

Oh, and this car came out in 1993. I don't think the Viper copied the roof of the RX7, but based on your logic - it did.

Last edited:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not expect anything! And, I was not disappointed either.

The unveiling is in the beg. of April. Amen.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I like what SRT has hinted at here-
It's alluring, dangerous, ****, potent, mean, and ****. Oops, said that already.
The LED strips bring the design forward, more modern, more high-tech. Less ox-cart.

I'm gettin' a chubby already! :^) tmi?

Some of the proposed images here make me nauseous. I hope SRT doesn't include a bunch of busy lines on the face, like a 5th grade study hall sketch. If it comes out overly busy and garish, it will miss the mark of greatness. My hope lies with the good sense of the SRT designers.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like what SRT has hinted at here-
It's alluring, dangerous, ****, potent, mean, and ****. Oops, said that already.
The LED strips bring the design forward, more modern, more high-tech. Less ox-cart.

I'm gettin' a chubby already! :^) tmi?

Some of the proposed images here make me nauseous. I hope SRT doesn't include a bunch of busy lines on the face, like a 5th grade study hall sketch. If it comes out overly busy and garish, it will miss the mark of greatness. My hope lies with the good sense of the SRT designers.

I've never ever even came close to getting a chubby about a car... :omg: It's just a damn car with more similarities to the one I have in the garage (Gen 3) than differences I am betting. :D

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then you sir are not a car guy. There were a few cars in my time that when I saw them, they physically took my breath away and I was completely mesmerized to where I would literally do anything to have one. It's a nice story and a"Hardy Tail". :)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then you sir are not a car guy. There were a few cars in my time that when I saw them, they physically took my breath away and I was completely mesmerized to where I would literally do anything to have one. It's a nice story and a"Hardy Tail". :)

Maybe I am, maybe I am not--depends on what you define as a car guy. I have always been told that I'm just better than most people at putting things in perspective. Cars are great fun for lots of different reasons, and the list of cars I have had would make most people drool, and it is hard for me to drive by a car lot without looking or driving through, but they just aren't that important in the overall scheme of things. My Viper is waaaayyyy down the list of important things in my life, and I would never say I love the car itself. That would cheapen the meaning of the word love.

Short list of some muscle cars I've owned:
1970 Charger 500 383 4-speed
1970 Super Bee 383 4-speed
1970 Charger 383 auto
1971 Charger R/T 440 magnum 4-speed
1974 Charger Ralley 360 auto
1974 Charger SE 400 magnum auto

From 1986 through about 2000, just about every Japanese sport car (RX-7, Supra, 3000GT, Conquest Tsi, etc.)

I guess my new Avalon takes away from all of this... :lmao: I'm waiting for SRT to come out with the new 300 SRT-8 or Super Bee and I may trade my Avalon... :) I wanna know why it is taking so damn long for those cars to get to market??? Nobody around here has any.