What DLM 1000HP GEN-1 Looks like (Pics)...

Reaction score
I was going to wait until all of the engine dress-up was done before showing Doug's newest creation, but I've been getting too many e-mails! Since DLM's original Dyno of 817 rwhp in 96 deg Florida, I had it re-dyno'd here in 59 deg NorCal with better gas at 846.2 rwhp (that's about 1019hp at the crank!). :shocked:

Here's what it looks like right now, before the custom made valve-covers and all the chrome parts are installed:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
beautiful! how does it drive??? more info more info!

It's a rocketship! Zero to sixty in right around 3 secs (less with better tires/wheels). 80 to 150mph in about 3.5 secs, etc...

The first time I "Boosted" was entering a HWY on-ramp. I had a clear shot, gave it half throttle, heard the engine "whoosh" sound stop (waste-gate closing), and then slid onto the HWY at roughly a 10 degree angle at about 125 mph. I don't know what the Boost was, as I was staring straight a head with a death-grip on the wheel! I'll need some practice runs before I do that again...

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should put you in the Guinness book of World Records for the most extreme and expensive Gen I Viper in the world. :D Great looking car two thumbs up. Some of the best Viper Tuners and Vendors have created a great car.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful!

I am already on the schedule with Doug in the fall. Any advice? Also what year is your gen 1, 95? By the way did you get a fuel cell?

Adam

S

SUN RA KAT

Beautiful!

And now it's fast enough to be painted <font color="yellow">YELLOW! YELLOW! YELL OH! </font> :D

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Executron, very nice! Beautiful actually! You will need to take some time to get used to double the power! Great dyno #'s! I think 846.2 corrected RWHP is the highest on supercharger boost only. I think the 17% driveline loss # is too high though. Most people use 15%, some say it is only 12%. No matter what the percentage of driveline loss there is, those are some tremendous #'s. Congrats! Paolo

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible! I love the sound of the waste gates opening and closing (Swoooooouush) Great numbers! How much boost do you run?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Question....If the dyno numbers are corrected at both locations the only difference should be the dyno itself or their correction procedure/factors ??? That thing uses so much fuel you had to strap auxilary tanks on the side :)

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That is beautiful. *stares speechless*

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
..If the dyno numbers are corrected at both locations the only difference should be the dyno itself or their correction procedure/factors ???...

Actually, I used some of DLM's control adjustments (attached to steering wheel) to lean things out a bit. I also ramped the octane a little. I was able to squeeze another 30 rwhp with that. I have since set it back to the original settings. Doug himself told me he could have pulled a lot more power out of the motor, but would sacrifice reliability!

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
...We should put you in the Guinness book of World Records for the most extreme and expensive Gen I Viper in the world...

A bunch of us worked on this for the simple reason that we love and respect America's greatest roadster, the Dodge Viper. That's why I wanted a 1995, the last year with Side-Pipes! My next project will be the most extreme GTS/ACR!...

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow copetition to H M S that I would trust leaving the car with. Any clue on the price? Was the motor done too or this is only on high boost?
Now I willl not be able to sleep CONGRATS!!!!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eek: :eek: :eek: more details, how much boost is that on? can you run more? Is motor done up? How much if may I ask. Congrats man that is awesome :D

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exec....I was hoping for a comment on the fuel cells strapped to the passenger side :) (below the mirror)

That's a cost-cutting measure, a DLM secret.

Actually, when you live in California you have to have your gas delivered (Doug's special brew)...

Executron, did you have a fuel cell put in to replace the regular gas tank or do you now have a supplementary fuel cell for race fuel? What octane gas was used to obtain these fantastic dyno #'s?

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exec....I was hoping for a comment on the fuel cells strapped to the passenger side :) (below the mirror)

That's a cost-cutting measure, a DLM secret.

Actually, when you live in California you have to have your gas delivered (Doug's special brew)...

Executron, did you have a fuel cell put in to replace the regular gas tank or do you now have a supplementary fuel cell for race fuel? What octane gas was used to obtain these fantastic dyno #'s?

Paolo,

I am having the same done in the fall, its a supplementary tank which allows for switch over.

adam

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first time I "Boosted" was entering a HWY on-ramp. I had a clear shot, gave it half throttle, heard the engine "whoosh" sound stop (waste-gate closing),
I dont know, the waste-gate closing makes me think it's a turbo :confused: Did you mean blow off valve?? Looks like a sc but who knows anymore :p