> What do you guys think of the SRT/10 with the autoform kit - PICS! <

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is an SRT-10 with the autoform hard top, front/side splitters and rear wing. What do you guys think? What do you like or dislike about this set up? Improvement or not over the stock SRT/10?

49977U.jpg

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would look a lot better if it was Yellow :D ... Other than that I think its an improvement over the stock SRT !
Manny , Do you have any pics with the roof down ?

Cheers

J

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be the first to say that I don't like the front fascia/splitter -- this coming from a guy who has a splitter on both his cars. To me, it looks cheap -- almost like a firebird like of look. I like the rest, but would use a front splitter more like a comp coupe... like these (and yes, even the cables, but without the tow hook!)

compcoupe1.jpg

198.jpg

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I think that looks really sharp. Maybe even better than a Gen II.

I also don't like the front fascia. Something about the way it is shaped, the lines are too hard I think. I can't quite place it. But I am nitpicking. In it's entirety, I love it.

If that's your car, congrats!

Mike

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would look a lot better if it was Yellow :D ... Other than that I think its an improvement over the stock SRT !
Manny , Do you have any pics with the roof down ?

Cheers

J

No, but here is one with the top off. Boy, wheels make such a big difference

1864.jpg

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definately agree with you Manny, the frontbumper doesn't look good. The flat surfaces and sharp edges doesn't look interesting, and do not fit to the Viper. The front in a way boring. It looks like it's glued to the car. What is not good.

The sidepsplitters are definately an improvement. They look menacing.

The hardtop is okay, but those "extra-windows" or whatever are kinda bothering me.

The rear-wing doesn't fit to the whole car again... I saw Civics with spoilers that fitted better to the car than this one.

I mean, it doesn't look like crap overall. But there are so many nice aftermarket bodykits for GEN I and GEN II cars... This one is just a bit disappointing.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too Buck Rogers for me. Just looks like a futuristic "kit." Would be a huge improvement with a racier (not ricer) wing and front splitter like you mentioned. Wheels would also help tremendously.

Chad

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Looks a lot more distinctive and that is what Vipers are known for.

Just a shame we have to dress em up to achieve that...vs the old Gen I / II 's ....IMHO

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the wing and body, but the splitter is to harsh. Maybe a bad angle, but the area in front of the wheel well should be more rounded. It looks like a 'Leno chin' sticking out down there.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the comments on the splitter and I don't like that recess in the top behind the windows. I saw one of these close up at our Viper brunch the other day and that recess looked unnecessary and wierd. You asked . . .

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
splitters are ugly, period. kinda remind me of the old *** pie tins in cafeteria food middle school.

rear wing makes the car look excellent. saw it in person and amazing how one lil piece of fabrication can improve the entire sled.

Reaction score
Manny -

That car is identical to my SRT 10. Although I don't have the hard top. I preferred retaining the soft top so I can put it down when I want to.

IMHO, the pictures don't do justice. The car is phenomenal to look at. When the car goes down the street and the sun reflects off the wheels &amp; body there's nothing to compare! You just have to see it to understand.

Are you looking to purchase one like it?

Regards,
Doug

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT in the above picture is mine....AutoForm used it to design the pieces on the car....I understand the top and wing on my car differ a little from the production parts, but I haven't seen the production pieces myself.....the car does get major attention when it is out, and the comments are about 80% positive(I always ask)....I am very pleased with the work done on the car and it is one of a kind....I was going to sell the car at one time, but I sold my modded black SRT and kept the red one because it is so different....it still has only 200 miles on it....some of the pieces are MORE controversial than others, but thats what I like about it....positive or negative comments are all welcome, the world would be boring if we all liked and drove identical cars...

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Even as a die-hard Gen 1 lover the SRT is starting to grow on me in any color/shape/form. The above splitter doesn't do a lot for me though.

I saw my first Mamba in person and fell in love. Hope that Dodge comes out with a Coupe so that the SRT prices fall a little faster :D .

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope that Dodge comes out with a Coupe so that the SRT prices fall a little faster :D .

That's what I'm hoping too. I figure a coupe intro at VOI8 or January's Detroit auto show ought to help drop SRT-10 values into the range I'm looking to pay next year.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car definitely looks more aggressive which IMO is what it needs. The above black SRT kicks ass and my first thought is, great we are finally back to a race car again (The front splitter with the cables does make the car look more serious than without). The red car definitely is an improvement over stock and looks like it means business without appearing like wings and panels were added on. The continuity of upgrades works without looking cheap. I would however like to see the Red SRT with the cables.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the overall car, but the top side/edge of the front fascia is not flowing (if that makes any sense) with the car. It in no way detracts from that beast but it's the only piece I think could be smoothed out a bit.

Very nice SRT!

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny -

That car is identical to my SRT 10. Although I don't have the hard top. I preferred retaining the soft top so I can put it down when I want to.

IMHO, the pictures don't do justice. The car is phenomenal to look at. When the car goes down the street and the sun reflects off the wheels &amp; body there's nothing to compare! You just have to see it to understand.

Regards,
Doug

Doug we demand Pics :) !!

Please ;)

Cheers
Jeff

P.S Last week I ran into the guy that bought your Black Gen I (Larry)..What a small world :2tu:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it from that angle - but it'd be better with the top off or the soft-top up.

That hardtop gets uglier as you walk around the side and by the time you get to the rear three-quarter - it's time for a dry retch and look for somewhere to lay down a decent lawn pizza

looks like a bubble and it just looks wrong in so many ways. If the hardtop had mirrored the soft-top it could have looked pretty good....

maybe it's better in real life - but from the side and rear pics I've seen - the top went horribly wrong.....

terribly wrong - sorry guys

......mutter mutter

leaving now

:D

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny -

Regards,
Doug

I'm in the market for an SRT-10. I have decided to retire my Gen I RT/10 and replace it with an SRT/10 for a streetable car that I can road course occasionally. I know I can go cheaper by getting a Gen II, but I want to go with an SRT/10 this time. And yes, I think the SRT/10 needs some help, at least in the rear with some kind of wing -- kind of like the ones the RT/10's have.

Doug, can you email me photos of your car? The more, the better!

Thanks,

Manny

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug is right, i've seen his SRT at his shop and it's nicer than any gts i've ever seen. You have to see it in person. For some reason pictures of the SRT's just don't look right.

Cheers,
Tom

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front splitter has a weird enlarged look to the sides.

The hard top black recesses are not appealing.

The wing has a very unaesthetic design.

So I don't care for any of those 3 components particularly, are there any other autoform parts on the car?