what do you think you could pick up with a AEM on a stock car with bolt ons

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i am thinking about putting the AEM on and attempting to tune myself then give it to someone else after i get frustrated with it :rolaugh:

i plan on doing FI sometime, and bought the AEM since i got a deal on it and would have had to buy one anyway later on. I'm curious what you guys think I could pick up power wise? Right now my car has:

tubes/filters
hi flow cats
corsa 3" exhaust
b&m shifter
woodhouse poly engine/trans mounts

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: what do you think you could pick up with a AEM on a stock car with bolts

bout 25rwhp

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not worth the $$$$. You could pick up a used Roe S/C for about the same money and make WAY more hp/trq.;)

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do both Roe & AEM.... Thats how i started,, Collecting bits as i went along. 2 yrs later i had them all.

OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not worth the $$$$. You could pick up a used Roe S/C for about the same money and make WAY more hp/trq.;)
this doesnt make sense. I got my AEM for almost half of what they are new...roe s/c's are a minimum of $5k

Do both Roe & AEM.... Thats how i started,, Collecting bits as i went along. 2 yrs later i had them all.

I already got a blown car and i got my heart set on turbo's for this one

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this doesnt make sense. I got my AEM for almost half of what they are new...roe s/c's are a minimum of $5k

I already got a blown car and i got my heart set on turbo's for this one

Guess I should have read the original post a little closer. :rolaugh:

If you got it cheap and you are going to do turbos you are making the right move. That being said, you prolly won't gain much with the AEM until the turbos go on.:2tu:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not worth tuning your current N/A setup and then going to turbo and tuning all over again. You're not going to tune your N/A setup and make "worth while" power.

Having a qualified tuner tune an AEM on a Dyno isn't cheap. Tuning an AEM yourself is a real pain in the ass. Of course, if you are made of money it doesn't matter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960