What do you think?

97gtsmonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it doesn't seem fishy. i know a couple dealers that kept a viper for the dealership and the managers drove it and they end up selling it sooner or later

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Run from the car. That car doesn't look clean. Scuffs, scratches, and wear. Looks like it was a dealers weekend warrior car. When you can get a 97+ RT/10 with similar miles for another 6 or 8 grand (roughly 50-100 a month more in a payment) why bother.

I'd keep looking. It's a good buyers market right now. That car isn't worth a lick over 30.

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are there any techs in bangor maine that could look at it? why all the scratches on the roof and back of seat? car is very dirty. i would ask for close up pics of the nose and the wear on the tires. are the tires original? if so, budget for new tires right away. looks like dash has been repainted. stress cracks on gen I hoods are common, some worse than others.

this car does not appear to have been taken care of. proceed with caution IMO.

zero feedback also bothers me. make sure title is clean. car is priced as a possible salvage.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe its the angle of the picture, but the nose medallion also looks slightly off center. nose may have been repainted, but bottom of nose looks badly scraped up.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dash does not look repainted , the seat back can be re-dyed, the scratches look like boxes were stored on the sport cap , I would call and talk to them , then get it checked out or fly up there .

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go get an 01 or 02.Well taken car of with a couple of chips or the legacy of being driven on the street is one thing.If that is the BEST pics of a prepped car for sale then god only knows what happend to it or was done to it.Nose looks f'ed up.Paint f'ed up interior f'ed up.How well taken car of were the mechanicals?If you're a do it yourself guy and prepared to do a full resto paying much less for the car then go for it. GTS Bruce

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, that car looks like a piece. Call it Viper blasphemy but I wouldn't spend a dime over 28k for that when you can get much better examples for not a lot more.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid 31K for my 95 this year with less miles , same color, and NO BLEMISHES whatsoever. The car is absolutely flawless. Your friend can do MUCH MUCH better , keep looking!

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was looking at it from the standpoint of having a warranty, but then again...who would warranty a car with 20k on it already?

Last edited:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i paid 30k for mine with 06 rims and original rims. 15k miles. car is mint except for the paint cracks on the hood and some minor scratches around the window inserts. that car on ebay should sell for 23-26k at most.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ps. tons of vipers are coming onto the market. tell him to hold off a few months and he will get a 97 for 33k.