What do you use on your doors, dash etc?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for something that leaves a nice clean look, with a semi gloss finish.

Or?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using Meguires protectorant wipes. Not very happy with them, they start out really greasy when you pull them out of the container and then kind of get splotchy after a couple of weeks.

Also tried Mothers vinyl and rubber protectorant, but that is like some kind of coating that dries and then when you apply a second coat kind of streaks.

So I would like to find something that works better than these two products, and I bet it's a zaino product! LOL

Please recommend something that I can get at WalMart or Pep Brothers!

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about the low gloss AA, but didn't know anyone who'd tried it. Good stuff? No fingerprints later? Not too shiny?

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a fan of Zaino "Z16" perfect tire gloss. It has sunscreen in it, stays on a long time, isn't very greasy, and is a lot lower gloss than most products.

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Meguires Protectorant - BUT

Have also used 303, It is not greasy, says it has UV and is OEM approved - keeps shine lone time - can adjust shine with application of buffing.

Also easy to get - anyone else have experience with 303?

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lexol Vinylex. IMO one of the best products for non-leather interior components. It contains UV screen and helps to maintain plasticizers. I have also used it underhood (hoses, wires, plastics, etc.) with great success.

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant. Goes on kinda greasy, but then take a dry cloth and go over it again and it comes out great!

Mark
:)

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm using Lexol, but it's for real leather. It's ok on the seats but if I use it on the doors etc it'll show fingerprints.

Is the Lexol vinyl stuff hard to find? Guess it's online somewhere..

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try 3-M product for dash doors etc. smells nice too. great stuff.

Is the 3M product greasy or leave any marks? Who carries it and what is the specific name please?

Mark- you use the z-16 on the dash?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a "fuzzy" look dash, I just used a damp towell to get it clean. It's painted plastic, and a vinyl dressing will make a mess.

On the "pebbled" dash, like my 2000, I also just use a damp towel. For a bit of shine, you could use Zaino Leather in a Bottle, or 303.

Of the two, I'd say 303 gets the nod for the dash plastic. As said above, it gives a nice dull sheen, has a UV guard, does not contain silicones, and is the ONLY vinyl-rubber protectant actually endorsed by makers of vinyl. Avoid using anything with silicones. Sad part is, most every maker's plastic-vinyl-rubber protectant contains silicones.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try 3-M product for dash doors etc. smells nice too. great stuff.

Is the 3M product greasy or leave any marks? Who carries it and what is the specific name please?

Mark- you use the z-16 on the dash?

I don't use it on my (Gen I) dash, just the door panels and sport cap trim. I use windex to clean my dash - which is painted black.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using Meguires protectorant wipes. Not very happy with them, they start out really greasy when you pull them out of the container and then kind of get splotchy after a couple of weeks.

Also tried Mothers vinyl and rubber protectorant, but that is like some kind of coating that dries and then when you apply a second coat kind of streaks.

So I would like to find something that works better than these two products, and I bet it's a zaino product! LOL

Please recommend something that I can get at WalMart or Pep Brothers!

Yep you are right on with Zaino....I have tried them all and Zaino is the BEST to use on doors and dash and seats....NO smear, NO streaks, NO greasy residue....ZAINO Leather in a Bottle....

NONE BETTER!!!

PLUS it gives the real NEW leather smell...Don't waste time and money on any other...try it and you'll agree....just wipe it on and thats it....no buffing or anything.....Does NOT attract dust either...

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-10&Category_Code=Zaino

Dave :2tu:

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see the Lexol Vinylex mentioned on other forums as well and getting very positive reviews.

I can get it just down the road at Murray's so I'll give that a try first.