What if Dodge introduced the Coupe instead of the Vert in 2003

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question. I think if they had made it to look like the Concept Coupe there wouldn't still be '04 Vipers waiting to be sold.

The Gen 3 is a great car, and I bet if the people that bash the car drove it they would change their minds. It handles, stops and accelerates better, but some expected more in the looks department. I wasn't too crazy about it when it can out, and I still don't get the same spine tingling sensation as when I see a Gen I or II.

Is there anybody that prefers the new body style to the old?

I think launching the concept instead of the present Coupe would have been a lot better as well, but it did not happen so I can not really guess what the market would have done. I think if the present coupe was launched instead of the convertible, there would be little difference of the complainants as far as style. I personally do not like the coupe that much but in the end, aside from the rear, the coupe and convertible basically look like the same car from the front.

As far as driving an SRT, I have on several occasions and they drive very well but the more and more I look at SRTs, I just feel they are missing something. I have contemplated getting one for a few months now but do not think they have the same "spice" as the GEN I's & GEN II's.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, After having owned a Gen III for a while now, If you could go back when you had your steel grey GTS would you trade it in for a Gen III?

No.

Now, like the GTS, I look at the SRT/10 and say I could never sell this car.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)