What is a 2002 ACR with 5000 miles worth.

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what a 2002 red acr with silver stripes and 5000 miles is worth if someone was thinking of selling it. I am assuming that it has gone down by only $10,000 since it is no longer available

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a post from last week with a new untitled ACR for $66.5k - I would assume used would have to be very low 60's. I passed on a 2001 ACR almost one year ago with 1,500 miles that was $60k back in Nov '02.

OP
OP
T

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean these things have gone down by that much. How is that possible when there are way more corvettes on the road and they have not lost that much percentage wise. I am shocked

OP
OP
T

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean these things have gone down by that much. How is that possible when there are way more corvettes on the road and they have not lost that much percentage wise. I am shocked

OP
OP
T

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$75k

guys stopping killing our resale here..
no flame intended and this has been said time and time again we are own worst enemy!!
these are hand crafted limited edition cars.
the problem seems to be from time to time we find ourselves in situations
which we must sell and sell now.
okay take a minor loss now and again, sweet deal now and again.. exception not the rule..

but to badmouth values, constantly is just hurting all of us here.....
They should hold value better than anyother..
talking them down makes no sense to me...
these are not dime a dozen vettes.. these are vipers....
yes the economy ***** right now..but should car that stickered last year for $89k
get $50's or even $60k NO!!
because of poor economy realistically $70k but not less.
(where is that puke smiles face we used to have ?, i need him now)
okay.. rant over.. i need a few beers...
and a shot...

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't even ask people on the forum or even bother to advertise on the classifieds. The prices are absurdly low.

Advertise in the AutoTrader magazine and online Autotrader. I would list my ACR for no less than $62K in these mags. On here some idiot would try to offer me $47K or some other insulting offer.

Of course if you HAVE to sell it quickly then you will be screwed on the price.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its sad that some people buy these cars just to find out they really could not afford one in the first place, then end up desperate to resale at a loss. Then some that have more money than sense that are just ready to buy something else so they just dump the Viper.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine for ONE MILLION DOLLARS, and plan to sell it for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

If I paint a dolphin on it, I will sell it for ONE BILLION DOLLARS!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get realistic guys, you can say 70's all you want but realistically he will probably be lucky to get high fifties in this economy. And as far as the corvettes they are in the freakin gutter also. It would be nice if a bunch of enthusiast could bring the market up but it aint happening, not for vipers, vettes or ferrari's. No flame intended just being realistic.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its sad that some people buy these cars just to find out they really could not afford one in the first place, then end up desperate to resale at a loss. Then some that have more money than sense that are just ready to buy something else so they just dump the Viper.

My exact thoughts. Any car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, good for Mndela, I agree entirely! Second, go look at the statisitcs on how many were made! This is an ACR, not a common 2002 final edition that suffered two problems.
1. Something in the area of 300 made? Thereby making it probably the most common color combination made after red, and the 96/97 blue white.
2. Being a leftover at the dealers because so many were made and sitting there when the whole SRT frenzy started with everybody dumping GTS and RT10 to get into SRT. There are STILL leftover 2002s sitting at dealers thus depressing the price of these cars. 60k is RIDICULOUS for a 2002 ACR in any color, anybody selling at that price is stupid and anyone buying is real fortunate. I recently heard about a really good deal on a yellow 2002 GTS with 4k miles for 60k, I think THAT is a steal, and if anyone is interested I'll put you with the guy.

viperz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straight from the Autotrader. Brand new 2002 GTS for 99,995 CAN $
An ACR should be in that ball park maybe a little less with 5000 miles

Year: 2002
Make: DODGE
Model: VIPER
Model Detail: GTS COUPE
Price: $99,995
Mileage: ------- km
Date: 9/25/03
Ad Type: Dealer
Comment: "Viper race yellow", brand new, never registered. Don't wait until all the coupes are gone to get one! $99,995. WELLINGTON MOTORS (519)822-8950 www.wellingtonmotors.com (CGXTGH)

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its sad that some people buy these cars just to find out they really could not afford one in the first place, then end up desperate to resale at a loss.

I know on the outside this would appear to be me.... but there is one other condition i have found, lifestyle change.
and i don't me dating guys..LOL!

i went from a new viper and an infant to having a 4yr old son and 2 yr old daughter...
it happend so quick.
and now it is not just wanting/needing the money for house, college ed fund, etc.
it is no time to drive it, how can you tell a 4 yr old go away kid i want to go play with my toy on this nice sunny day. you can't! not if you love and adore them.

My car sits under the cover more than driven.. so please note lifestyle change i didnt see coming as my reason.
have a good one and thanks guys
Jim

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry but I would have to disagree with Jim. VERY SORRY JIM!!! I do not think that the car with 5,000 miles could fetch in the 70's without being at a dealership. Even with a dealership to try and get somewhere in the mid to high 70's would be VERY hard almost impossible. I bought my car new and it was a little over a year old and got $10K off sticker and they threw in a few options for me like the exhaust and K40. When you really think about it most cars loose about 50% of their value in the first 3-4 years. I know for a fact that the ACR's loose value fast, as I have watched new ones being sold NEW for $10-18K off sticker at dealerships (NO JOKE). I forget which dealer was selling about 3 or 4 of them at about $15K under sticker. The ACR's will ALWAYS be more than the stock versions but not by that much.

Patrick99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I would agree high 50's to 60K. I think you are more around 50's. It also depends on the buyer.
Yeah right, get real. There is no way that a 2002 ACR that listed for 89k is going to take a 35k hit within a year. Mostly everyone else that is responding with low ball figures don't even own a viper or drives a corvette. I could care less what they say. Its worth way more then what there telling you. Take Care

james97gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$75k

these are not dime a dozen vettes.. these are vipers....
yes the economy ***** right now..but should car that stickered last year for $89k
get $50's or even $60k NO!!

Couldn't agree with you more. That car is not going to go for the 50's.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a 99 on ebay with less miles with a "buy it now" for 56K... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2433391549 Your car is 2 year newer with more miles, I don't think I would pay around 20K more for your newer car. 60K is a good figure.

If anyone is interested in this ACR, I would be happy to go and check it out for any fellow VCA or enthusiasts. It's not more then 25 min. from my house and I would love to see it in person. What a cool car!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I would agree high 50's to 60K. I think you are more around 50's. It also depends on the buyer.
Yeah right, get real. There is no way that a 2002 ACR that listed for 89k is going to take a 35k hit within a year. Mostly everyone else that is responding with low ball figures don't even own a viper or drives a corvette. I could care less what they say. Its worth way more then what there telling you. Take Care

Ya, we are just trying to drive prices down so we can move up to the viper. :rolleyes: The market ***** especially for high end cars like Vipers. If you/whoever can get 70's more power to ya but I haven't seen anything selling at any reasonable prices lately. Who knows what lies down the road. I hope/expect thing will eventually turn around. You ought to see what new/slightly used Mercedes prices are doing. :confused:

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ya, we are just trying to drive prices down so we can move up to the viper. :rolleyes: The market ***** especially for high end cars like Vipers. If you/whoever can get 70's more power to ya but I haven't seen anything selling at any reasonable prices lately. Who knows what lies down the road. I hope/expect thing will eventually turn around. You ought to see what new/slightly used Mercedes prices are doing. :confused:

At least you got something right. You do have to "move up" from your C5 to the Viper. :p You left it open, my instinct told me to attack!

Agent, I agree, $70K is something that will never happen in this market right now and probably never again. Things are just too cheap to go back up and appriciate. All we can do is drive our toys and enjoy them!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget, used car prices are also substantially lower due to the incredibly low interest rate deals on new cars.