What is a 92 Viper worth without motor/trans?

nofearracer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found a 92 viper(w/o motor/trans) in my area for sale, and was wondering what you guys think it would be worth. I went and saw the car, and the body and int. are in excellent shape. I asked what happened to the engine/trans, the guy(who is the original owner) said that his son blew the engine by down shifting into to low of a gear, and that he wasnt going to fix it for his son to do it again. The trans has been retrofitted into his 68 charger, and he wont part with it. I think I can get it at a good price, and am wanting some input from you guys on its value. Also, I was wondering what would have to be done to it to put a GENII or III motor/trans into it.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the $12k-$15k for the engine and trans might be about right.
I don't see the car being worth $30k after it's back running again.

So, I'd guess that $15k would still be too much for the car as it sits now.

One could probably buy a gen1 already running for less than $30k.

Considering the hassle, $10k tops.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always wanted to get something like that or a wrecked viper and rebuild it................... maybe someday

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm... considering a new T-56 is around $2K, we are all saying an engine can't be had for less than $10K-$13K? Just checking in case I want to part out my car. ;)

If a numbers car was worth that much more, buy a T-56 and pay to swap it into the Charger.

Considering the apparent huge quantity of Gen 1 Arrow rebuilds and that T-56s seem to be as durable as razor blades, a non numbers car isn't such a lemon, either, is it? Depends on how much that fender antenna is worth and whether you'd do it for fun or profit.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do not buy it let us know what he really wants for it and how to contact the buyer.

How many miles are on the odometer?