What is DLM?

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure I will feel stupid for not knowing this but I see DLM posted as plate suggestions and in signatures But what does it mean??:dunno:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure I will feel stupid for not knowing this but I see DLM posted as plate suggestions and in signatures But what does it mean??:dunno:

For some folks down here, he is the local version of Chuck Tator but without the Dodge dealership. Doug is widely credited with being the first person to seriously apply the concept of supercharging to Vipers. Chuck Tator is affectionately known as "The Wizard" and is located in New York. Another well known tuner, who is widely credited with cracking the computer code for the Viper ( not the '08 yet), is Dan Cragin of DC Performance in California. You might want to take a look at the DLM and DC website to obtain more data if you are interested. For mods that do not involve extensive tuning but are tried and true and perform like OEM applications, my money is with Woodhouse in Blair, Nebraska. They have a Viper Performance department that I, and many others who post on these boards, believe is the best in the country. It is headed up by Mark Jorgensen. Mark maintains a relationship with the SRT engineers. Woodhouse is also a Five Star Dodge dealer and one of the largest Viper dealers in the world.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeffrery & Robert, it's ALWAYS good to ask questions...you will find out SO MUCH INFO~! Since you're 'open to ideas' on your 2008, you may just want to call Doug Levin of DLM~! As Bobpantax also stated, Chuck Tator is also a VERY good resource, he's open to questions as well. Same with Mark Jorgensen. There are MANY on here who are willing and happy to help you with ANY of your questions. Ask away~!! ~juli

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that you are open to ideas for your '08. So far the testing has shown that filters and headers appear to be safe and a decent power increase for the dollars. Since you are in Las Vegas, you might want to give DC Performance a call to discuss their findings with respect to same since they ar located in California. They also maintain their own in house dynamometer for testing and tuning.

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.. I am now more informed. As far as ideas for my 08 I have already entertained the idea of changing my headers and exhaust and I actually talked to Dan at DC during a Mopar event early this year, I am just waiting for more options for parts, namely Borla. As soon as I can get the money together I plan on changing the headers, exhaust, Short shifter, throttle bodies, and full aero package.

Reaction score
I would trust the Belanger headers for the most gains and compatibility with the new Venom controller in the 08'. The cat back is not as critical though but will need to built to mate up to the headers and high flow cat system (not all will). we recommend the Corsa for this and had a special cat pipe fabricated by Lou that will facilitate this fitments.

The shifter is easy, the one and only MGW shifter is our ONLY recommendation and we also helped with this development to insure fit and performance second to none. It has a dual bias spring system that will increase accurate shifts and make it easy to still get the car into reverse. Unmatched construction, fit and finish make it a sure thing.

Forget the throttle bodies it is not going to happen unless you decide to throw out the entire engine management system. It is electronic and tied to the PCM indefinitely. Most TB upgrades are not worth it anyway and there will be plenty other modifications that will net you a much better return on your money, although that would not be hard in the current economic state!

Good luck with your quest and please call anytime accept now because I'm going to bed. :D

Thanks for the info.. I am now more informed. As far as ideas for my 08 I have already entertained the idea of changing my headers and exhaust and I actually talked to Dan at DC during a Mopar event early this year, I am just waiting for more options for parts, namely Borla. As soon as I can get the money together I plan on changing the headers, exhaust, Short shifter, throttle bodies, and full aero package.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All of those tuners mentioned above are really good. But doesnt Underground Racing have another shop in Las Vegas? If so, that would make it more convenient for Jeffrey in my opinion.

Reaction score
Thanks all for the introduction! I truly appreciate it and the kind words!

Jeffery and Robert, DLM represents "Doug Levin Motorsports." Thanks for asking.

As some have mentioned here, there are very good tuners in your area that can assist you with most of your Viper needs.

If you have any simple or special requests please don't hesitate to give me a call. We cover many services as well as specialize in forced induction applications.

Again, thanks for asking and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Doug Levin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32