What is the best aftermarket brake systems available for 02 ACR

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can people please give me an opinion as to what manufacturer has the best performing brake system that competes with the new SRT and of course the Porsches. I hear Stoptech but others have said that there are better systems available

Thanks

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stoptech is the best bang for the buck and simplicity, I had them on my '00 RT and they worked very good on the track. Just put on the SS brake lines, rotors and calipers. I believe the Brembos ( which are used on the SRTs & CCs) might be better but I believe you gotta change the master cylinder and run a brake bias proportioning valve, + more $$$.

OP
OP
T

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any track times of before and after from the installation of the new brakes. I would also like to compare what it would do with the SRT which apparently now are the best in the industry. How much did you pay for the Stoptech brakes. Can they be installed by yourself.

Thanks

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to 13" Stoptech fronts helped me control the peddle better - less lockup, although I can still make a tire the shape of a stop sign. Going with a full out race pad on the Stoptech made the biggest difference. I don't know if there's a race only pad for the stock system.

The Stoptech system is very easy to install.

I've heard there is a Porsche system for GenII Vipers but it required a little work and was pricey. I would bet that it probably stops like a ****, but you need to consider track support and since Stoptech is at all Viper Days events it is a good choice to go with them.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I upgraded to 18" GTS wheels and have the biggest StopTech system for all 4 corners. Works great. Straight forward install. :cool:

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta say, I love my Stop Tech brakes. Some of you know the horror I went through with another vendor's kit...

For the money, I think there is no question! The Porsche kit, I think works well and I know many racers that used them. It was far more expensive than the Stop Techs, but this was a time before Stop Tech was on the market. Stop Tech is proven. Last I checked, the Viper was a very different car than a Porsche...

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a complete big brake (13"+ 2pc rotors and 4 piston calipers on all four corners) StopTech kit is less than $5500? I was surprised at the cost of the Movit/Porsche kit. If StopTechs are even less, I'll be really impressed.

Chad