What is the going rate for a used soft top?

goldlifter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having had two GTS's previously, I have just joined the RT10 family for the first time. I love the car and the open air option, but it only came with a hardtop. I am needing to find something that fits in the trunk but cannot justify the $2500 for the 3 piece hardtop. That being said, what seems to be the going rate on a good condition, used soft top? Thanks in advance

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen them for sale but don't recall the numbers. Sorry. Be sure to specify the year. I don't believe all tops fit all Vipers.

sbarbier

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen them from $650 - $1800. There was one in the classifieds a few months ago for $650 that I should have bought for my 2000 when I saw it. I think it lasted about 2 days at that price. I saw one on craigslist for $1000 near Stratford, CT.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The softtop can be a real pain to assemble and it fills the trunk and I have no first-hand experience with the 3 piecer, but I think that is a better investment than the soft top....my $.02

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you drive an RT/10 you will learn to assemble and disassemble the soft top in 2 minutes on the car. The best top. Just in case it starts to pour down!

OP
OP
G

goldlifter

Viper Owner
Reaction score

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having had two GTS's previously, I have just joined the RT10 family for the first time. I love the car and the open air option, but it only came with a hardtop. I am needing to find something that fits in the trunk but cannot justify the $2500 for the 3 piece hardtop. That being said, what seems to be the going rate on a good condition, used soft top? Thanks in advance

I loved my 3 piece top on my Gen 1. I highly recommend it. Once I have some money saved up I am going to get one for my Gen 2.

OP
OP
G

goldlifter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I loved my 3 piece top on my Gen 1. I highly recommend it. Once I have some money saved up I am going to get one for my Gen 2.

I wonder if they would give the club a "group buy" discount if we could get "x" number of members interested....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960