What Is The Largest Scale Model Of A GTS Coupe?

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking for the largest scale model of a GTS Coupe, and all that I have been able to find a 1:18 scale. I know that RC cars are approximately 1:8 or 1:10 scale, but they are not accurately scaled. Who makes an Viper RC car (I looked in Tamiya's site and didn't find anything)? Where can I purchase one?

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Brad

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Tony and Jason:

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I am not looking ofr collectibles. The model that I find will be used for some prototyping of some things that we are developing for Vipers.

If you know of specific makers of RC type models, they would probably be best for my needs (in terms of scale).

Thanks again,

Brad

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad,
If it is just body mods you are working on, you can buy the shell for an RC Viper for about $20.00 at any hobby shop.
I have a couple for my RC Viper - a GTSR body and a Comp Coupe body - both of which are easy and cheap to customize.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About the 1:12 scale cars. JRL made the first 3,000 all were red I beleive but could be wrong. I have one (I paid $165 like 5 years ago with the $200 I found on the ground at carlisle) The new anson cars are less in quality, I have a blue/white RT/10 and the paint is pretty bad and the paint for the stripes looks like it was only one coat, so you can see the blue underneath.

They sit atop our entertainment unit at home.

Craig

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anson made yellow and green RT/10s as well. In total there are 5 different 1/12 scale models, red, black, yellow, green, and the blue. I think the rims on the blue are Gen I rims and yes the stripes are 96 RT stripes. The only large GTS made is the 1/4 scale with the V-10. As far as RC goes, there are shells for GTS, GTS-R and the comp coupe. RC viper shells come in 1/10 as well as a 1/5 or 1/4 but the large scale is only a GTS and is not one piece it is I think a 3 piece (seperate front and rear). RC shells are not as accurate, for example there are no mirrors) The larger scale RC is in the 1500-3000 dollar range.

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anson to date has made Green,Yellow,Blue White and New White with blue stripes. JRL I think made Red with and without pace car stickers and also Black. I work for KB Toys so I've got the 4 Anson Rts. I'm looking into to getting some more in. I'm almost done with My Viper Museum(The Garage)Ill take some pictures for everyone. For a non Viper owner its pretty out of control.