What is this man talking about?

I Ben Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"My friend is a regular at the MOPAR forum, and recently the President of Dodge wrote a letter on the forum explaining that Dodge is doing a full re-evaluation of their products, and lowering the price on their sports cars to make them affordable to the everyday consumer. Chances are that there will be a price drop of around $20,000 pretty soon for the Viper and SRT-10 Truck."

I copied this from another forum and placed it here to get some fast response. I don't know what MOPAR forum is being referenced but surely this is a bad joke!

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheaper now than 10 years ago, and 2003 models are all sold out at any price......Lee Iacocca probably will be rehired too.....somebody is smokin' their Cheerios......sold a Superbird to a guy in Tullahoma about 13-14 years ago.....think he just sold it recently....b5 Blue auto with low miles....ever see it ???

OP
OP
I

I Ben Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last Superbird I saw was in New Wilmington Pa in the 70s. Guy wanted to sell it. I didn't buy as price was "too high". One of the many "I should ofs" in my life! Some day I'll tell one and all about the 429 ci single overhead cam Ford Mustang I passed up!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah we all have those stories....my worst "pass" was a 71 HEMI Charger Super Bee (1 of 32 I think), AZ car, zero rust, perfect interior, slightly faded red paint, 30K miles. It was in December 1985 when I was stationed at Miramar NAS in San Diego. $4000. I had some stupid reason for not buying it. I won't share it. Embarrassing.

Then there was the 70 superbird in 1977, 440 6 BBL 4 spd, 28K miles...1200 bucks..."No, son...it's just an old gas guzzler..."

Ever notice how there's always a guy at a Mopar show who's Uncle Joe in Pigsknuckle, Anywhere, has a 71 hemicuda conv in a barn on blocks since '72? By my counting, I've "discovered" about 10,000 71 hemicuda convertibles that way. I lost track of the thousands of "hidden" Shelby GT500 convs years ago..........

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George,
For a real good story have a look at the April edition of Mopar Action magazine. On the cover is a 71 Hemi Challenger with 2800 miles. The car belongs to my brother , he bought it about 2 years ago. The car and the story are unreal.
Finally one that didnt get away!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Getting back to the original post.....

"President of Dodge"? I'm not aware of that title being filled or offered by DC. Additionally, from my understanding, DC execs do not post onto chat rooms, bulletin boards, etc as this may lead to "insider trading" or other stock price related issues.

Sounds VERY bogus to me.

IF anything was said, it might be that there will be "obtainable" high performance cars coming out of Dodge (SRT-4, etc).

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it's true ask you Dodge dealer about it. I think there is a 20 grand off coupon on the Dodge website you need to clip first. Tell em the President of Dodge sent ya.