What is up with these people and there Hen cars???

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No one has to forgive John except the people who were involved with him. There is no forgiveness to give if you were not involved.

NORice, not trying to give you a bad time, but are you a close relative of John? It's like saying that if Jeffrey Dahmer didn't eat you or a relative than forgive and forget. You were not involved. NONSENSE. Hen mentally and financially cannabalized many on this site. You obviously have led a passive life as once you get screwed to the max, it eats at you mentally, physically and financially. As in 911, NEVER FORGET. And as I stated before, NEVER FORGIVE.

I have never even talked to John or contemplated purchasing anything from him. And you are right I have never bene screwed to the extent that a couple of these people were, so I may feel different if that happens. I have lost $15k at the most to someone. I was foolish for lending the money to this person and did try and get it back through the military as we were both in the USMC at the time. I didn't get but $1000 back after many months of hassle. Finally I just gave up and forgot about it. It wasn't worth the hassle of trying to get it back from the guy anymore and was causing more problems than it was worth in my marriage as my wife was friends with his wife. Finally just swept it under the rug and moved on.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
NORice, not trying to give you a bad time, but are
you a close relative of John?

Either that or he's getting one hell of a discount on his
next blowjo...er... I mean 'forced induction upgrade.'

NoRice - I am a very reasonable and forgiving person, to
other people. I have no ill-will towards John or anything
he does. Now his company, on the other hand, I am perfectly
entitled to bad-mouth and criticize to my hearts content.
The man himself might be the sweetest, kindest, hombre this
side of the Rio, but his business is an opportunistic
enterprise that I will never endorse.

Looking at your history you've been here what, maybe a year.
According to your Sign you're driving an SRT. So my question
is were you even around back before the OT Riots when all
this mess went down? Do you even know any of the people
involved? Sounds to me like you're tubthumping on a subject
you know nothing about.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to leave a "final thought" (no i am not jerry springer). If johnny boy was actually a 1/100th of a decent guy, he could certainly start with a PUBLIC apology on this VCA website even via Forum and address peoples hate concerns and attempt to make up for it in some way shape or form. But the guy has done nothing! And does not seem to care whatsoever based on his actions RECENTLY. Done deal.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If John did change and he wants to be given another chance, a good start would be to contact all of the MANY people he has screwed over the years and either give them their money back, or perform the modifications to their cars that he was supposed to do while they were in his shop. Of course, that would never happen. No Rice, you have no idea how many people he has deceived over the years. People can change, but knowing this guy personally I don't feel it's possible. John has continued to slip on by, change his company name and do whatever it takes to keep his kids fed, whether legal or not. I just have to believe that nice guys don't always finish last and people like him eventually get whats coming to them.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"people like him eventually get whats coming to them."

couldn't be said any better! my beleif is a leopard can't change his spots and once a snake always a snake.

and rice...what's wrong with trusting someone...obviously, if you are going to all the trouble to have a contract written up...the man/woman you are doing business with is not worth the handshake, or the squirt a piss i left in the toilet this morning. its too bad that in this day and age some people's word means nothing too them.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have lost $15k at the most to someone. I was foolish for lending the money to this person and did try and get it back through the military as we were both in the USMC at the time.

What? No contract outlining the payment terms and penalties for not making those payments in time?? Oh, the nerve!

Let me ask you, would you loan this guy money again? Or advise others that, despite your bad experience, they should?

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why even bother to trust him when their are plenty of excellent and trustworthy tuners out there for our Vipers...I cant believe this guy is still in business!!!!It just seems like it is ALWAYS BUYER BEWARE in todays times which is a shame :(

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have lost $15k at the most to someone. I was foolish for lending the money to this person and did try and get it back through the military as we were both in the USMC at the time.

What? No contract outlining the payment terms and penalties for not making those payments in time?? Oh, the nerve!

Hence why I would always require a contract of some sort after learning my lesson no matter who the person or company is.

Let me ask you, would you loan this guy money again? Or advise others that, despite your bad experience, they should?

I wouldn't loan him money again, and would just advise those who would be contemplating it to get a contract with him.

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the displeasure of sharing a small conversation with John once. Suffice it to say, his arrogance kept me from participating on this board for years.

Frankly he's a D*** (rhymes with trick). :laugh:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Why even bother to trust him when their are plenty
of excellent and trustworthy tuners out there for our
Vipers...I cant believe this guy is still in business!(

The trouble is that his name is plastered across the media
as "the" viper tuner. MotorTrend, C&D, even R&T all tap
the man when they have tuner-comparos. Hell, the last time
I went out cruising I met a corvette woman looking to buy
an SRT and one of the first things she said was "and I
hear there is this great viper tuner down in Texas who..."

Even my Jeep magazine has a write-up on the new 650hp
Hen JeepSRT.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hen JeepSRT.

You have to admit, he builds badazz cars when they are completed. :laugh:

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the displeasure of sharing a small conversation with John once. Suffice it to say, his arrogance kept me from participating on this board for years.

If a conversation with John kept you from participating on this boards for years, you have other issues. ;)

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hen JeepSRT.

that's because the money he steals from the hard working folks goes to pad the pockets of MotorTrend, C&D and R&T. Hell if John sent me a few hundred thousand I might be opted to say what ever the heck he wants me to say.

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If a conversation with John kept you from participating on this boards for years, you have other issues. ;)

Back then he seemed to be accepted & loved by this board, that spoke volumes at the time.

Thankfully things have changed. ;)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You have to admit, he builds badazz cars when they
are completed. :laugh:

Without question. The cars he did build right are true
masterpeices very high HP and build quality higher than
what came from the factory.

The problem comes with the ones he didn't build right, or
not at all. They tarnish his entire reputation. It was noted
here long ago that the build quality was directly
proportional to the distance from Texas where Texans were
getting polished side-sill screws and people in NY were
getting.... well just polished. To compound that by
purchasing second hand you don't know whether you're
getting a quality car or a mule. This really kicks the
resale into the dirt (which is why everyone here laughs
when someone puts a $110,000 Venom1000 up on ebay.)

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of us who have never had the opportunity (or misfortune) to deal with JHMS, articles like this one are convincing reasons not to. Combine info like this and his behavior over on the Alley and I couldn't see ever letting that man or his business have a penny of my hard earned cash...But that's just me.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...=73255338459786

That is a good article. Obviously the 98% of customers who Hen states are very happy, is obviously BS because lots of people on this board would have praised him in this thread by now, but not one person who has personally delt with him has vouched. Loser is the bottom line.

OP
OP
B

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about these SRT Twin Turbo's for $225,000 on Ebay....Do I hear F430 at that price........

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea hen is a mother fu**ing peice of Sh** as a buisness man and human being...Not only for what he has done to people. but also the way he talks about what he did on the alley like it was no big deal.

I recently had an investor take off with 50 grand of my money. Ill never find him but personally I hope that one of the many other people that he screwed ( some with over a million invested)will hire the right people and eventually have him found and taken care of..

Basicly what im trying to say is that when someone cons/steals $550 bucks from you it's fine to just let the courts handle it. when someone steals 50-100 grand from you like Hen did..You go to his office and beat the living Sh** out of him.

Every time some one sends him a dollar bill I get more disgusted. But he'll get his one way or another eventually. guys like that always seam to.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
but also the way he talks about what he did on the
alley like it was no big deal.

Hen actually posts over at the alley?? Oh man... that must
go over like a fart in a diving helmet.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But he'll get his one way or another eventually. guys like that always seem to.

The older I get the more I begin to realize that life has a way of self-policing!

When I went to buy my viper I had a dealership owner steal 36k from me, and then turn around and tell me my money was a non-refundible deposit and too bad! Mind you I'm in a huge lawsuit, where he has done this to seven others and has filed bankruptcy...he has millions of dollars all in his wifes name and in off-shore accounts...which it makes it obvious that he has been doing this for years and has finally been caught...I'm waiting on him to get his...but I have seen this stuff happen time and time again and eventually the bad person ends up losing everything or dying a nasty death...I think the big man upstairs is watching and keeping a checklist. :D

so for any of you thinking a life of being a jacka$$ pays just remember all bad deads don't go un-noticed. you may not get yours today, but it's coming, and when bad things start happening it seems to snowball. :eek:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but also the way he talks about what he did on the
alley like it was no big deal.

Hen actually posts over at the alley?? Oh man... that must
go over like a fart in a diving helmet.

actually (makes me sick too) they embrace him over there