what qualifies as a "good" viper color?

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After some recent post, someone mentioned the possibility of "bad" Viper colors.
Instead of further poisoning a post that was in good faith sharing pics of a Venom Red ACR, I decided that this might be an interesting topic to post about.
Knowing that color choice is VERY subjective, knowing where people are coming from in the choices they would prefer for their favorite car and the reasons why they prefer these colors could be entertaining.
I know that Venom Red has taken some major hits throughout the year, I think mainly because it was the first color available, and they built so many of them, that by middle of the year some people may be a little weary of seeing it. But overall it is my opinion that it is not a "bad" color. As with the other new colors, it is my opinion that while they may be striking, they may be a little loud, or in the case of violet, different. I can appreciate the attempt from Dodge to take the extra step to offer something different for it's customers. Just as they stepped out of bounds in 1970 and offered a different perspective on color variations, (I'm sure that alot of people were scratching their heads then, too.) it seems that the same kind of sentiment resonates in 2008.
Personally, I would like Dodge to let us have our Vipers built with whatever color we wanted, like Ferrari does, but that would probably add about $15,000.00 to the price tag, and add another month or two wait time.
I like the new approach with "risky" colors, although,it may not be your taste. I'm sure they will always build "safe" classic colors, blue, red, black for the purists, but let's not bash them for taking chances and using some"forward thinking" with some new color choices. That being said, I am looking forward to seeing the new Anaconda Green in 2009.:2tu:

So, lets use this thread to talk about colors, your favorites and not so favorites.
Bring it on.:headbang:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I, personally, like the "loud" colors. After all, we don't buy vipers to blend in with the crowd. So I say :2tu: to the attention-getting colors! Who wants to blend in when you're driving a viper?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was raised on the belief that Vipers should be fast. Numerous scientific studies have proven that red is the fastest color known to man. Therefore, I say red is the best. Some will disagree. These are the people who don't own red Vipers and don't know any better. Yellow Viper owners seem to be the hardest to make believers, but Baz and Kelly will learn one day :D

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cannot blend into a crowd when you drive a Viper

UNLESS your going to be in the D this week, then you blend into a crowd of Vipers that doesn't blend in !

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple really. In order:
1. Blue and White.
2. All others.

Next question? :headbang:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All factory colors are "Good "colors but then there are the colors that are great!
1.Blue and White
2. Steel Grey and Silver

I guess a good color would be any color that you makes you say, "I want that car!"

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who cares what anyone else thinks of YOUR color combination.....those that do have their heads up their......well you know! I happen to have a Commemorative Edition White with Blue stripes and I think it's the best color combination.......I previously had a Yellow with black stripes color combination and while I owned it, THAT was the best color combination. Enjoy whatever YOU think is the best color combination for you.....no one else matters in that choice!

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares what anyone else thinks of YOUR color combination.....those that do have their heads up their......well you know! I happen to have a Commemorative Edition White with Blue stripes and I think it's the best color combination.......I previously had a Yellow with black stripes color combination and while I owned it, THAT was the best color combination. Enjoy whatever YOU think is the best color combination for you.....no one else matters in that choice!

I agree with you on that!!:2tu:

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal prefs are:

1. Deep Sapphire Blue (prefer without the grey stripe, but with it works ok too, esp w/ ACR rims)
2. Viper Red with White Stripes
3. Venom Red with Champagne Stripes (2008 VCA raffle car)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only color that matters is Race Yellow...Race Yellow with Black Stripes.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On colors, does anyone have a picture of a yellow 06 coupe? I've never seen one. Johnny boy

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
of course, mine are the best colors.....'08 Viper Violet Pearl and '02 Graphite.:D:D

He forgot that SSG is the best color! Otherwise his car might be sleeping in the rain instead of nestled snugly in the garage next to the Gorgeous Snakeskin Green!:rolaugh:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dark Blue (always great)
SSG (great in person)
The 2002 and 2000 Grey colors
and the new light Blue color. That shows up really well in pictures.