What R best alignment specs & where to go in North Dallas area?

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed some adjustable shocks/springs to both lower the car and level it out. Now I need an alignment. What are the prefered specs for hot street driving? And any suggestions on shops in far far north Dallas?

Thanks guys.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed some adjustable shocks/springs to both lower the car and level it out. Now I need an alignment. What are the prefered specs for hot street driving? And any suggestions on shops in far far north Dallas?

Thanks guys.

PowerKraus, here you go:

6 degrees caster
1/16" in all the way around
-.5 camber in rear, -.75 to -1.0 fronts(to not burn up the tires too fast)

That should be a good overall alignment for the street.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Castellano,

Much appreciated !

PowerKraus,

One more thing: make sure you run the tire pressure you will be running on the street. I run 32 PSI front, 30 rear.

Also make sure you sit in the driver's seat while they do the alignment! :2tu:

OP
OP
P

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperBite,

My Viper GTS will be used for 'heavy street' cruzin', so I picked the rate best for my back and kidneys.

I bought a set of used Aldan Adjustables with soft springs rated 400Front and 700Rear. So far, so good. No noise, easy install, soft ride, and lowered.

I hope that answers your question!

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Power, thanks for the info.

Once you get the alignment done and some miles on it let us know your thoughts about the ride, handling, etc.

OP
OP
P

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
opnwide,

not a soft ride? Feels pretty soft. I dunno, as I am new to Vipers, but with 400 / 700, I am not sure how much more room there is to go lower. If you know of lower rates, let me know, 'cause I would certainly try'm.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the stock spring rates for a 2002 GTS (non-ACR). I certainly like the adjustable shocks I now have, and maybe for a even smoother ride, I could swap in the stock springs. But I would rather like to confirm their rating first!

John at Parts Rack said the numbers on the Aldan set-up he sold me were low (400 / 700) especially when compared to what was assigned to 1999-2000 ACRs, John said that the later ACR was 700 / 1100. I'll leave that for the track cars.

Anyway, does anyone have any pointers as to softer spring ratings and/or the stock spring ratings.