What Should I Do, How Much RWHP ?

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Question for the board. I want everyones .02 on this one. I have a Paxton on my '96 GTS w/ 3,000 miles. I have realized I need a fuel system to support the 750 RWHP I am capable of making with charger and some add-ons. This of course is going to take more time and probably lead to needing more things down the road (clutch, rear end plus heads and extrude intake etc.). The money is not the issue. The issue is I want my car. I do not drive it much at all but I like having it in my garage. I can put the car with just the charger and make about 570 RWHP and have the car this week. Nice car, about it. Or I can bite the bullet and get the fuel system and whatever else and basically be without the car for the winter. The mechanic is my buddy so no worries there. The HP nut in me says go ahead, the rational guy in me says get it back now and maybe do the other stuff down the road. Just want some other opinions. The car will never be raced or in magazines just for the house. I am listening. Thanks,Matt

'03 H2
'03 Supercharged Escalade ESV
'96 Supercharged Viper GTS

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just talking to another buddy who has a paxton kit on his and he wanted me to post some info so here goes, "The problem is the rubber boot that connects from the blower to the air cleaner is collapsing under boost. Tell him to run the blower without the boot and aircleaner and test it out. I had the same problem, so hopefully it should help him."

I hope this helps with your problem over 5000rpm. If you already have the system installed then I would try to make it work. There is nothing better than 750RWHP.

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. We are trying your buddies suggestion this morning. It would be nice if it works. I take it from the post he is running a stock fuel pump too?

Thanks again,
Matt

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do not post asking for help or input often and now I know why. Other than a few good guys on here the rest of you only care about yourselves. No matter how fast you think you are there will always be somebody faster. There is no secrets in making HP. We are not re-inventing the wheel here. Loosen up a little guys, geeezzz.

Found this site, looks pretty good sure everyone has seen it but if not here is a link: http://www.4redlinemotorsports.com/

Matt

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I you really want 750 rwhp you will quickly regret going for the quick fix now.

I would recommend doing a complete head job, cam change, fuel system, T&D roller rockers and full exhaust. This in combination with your blower should put you close to your desired results. :2tu:

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definitly do your fuel system, If you have a mech, spend the $2K and upgrade it to a return style now. Be careful on the fule pump you use as the higer volume race pumps will overheat when they are just pumping back to the tank. You may need to go with a voltage regualtor on the pump also. That old 96 can handle 750 hp as long as the fuel and air are there.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not post asking for help or input often and now I know why. Other than a few good guys on here the rest of you only care about yourselves. No matter how fast you think you are there will always be somebody faster. There is no secrets in making HP. We are not re-inventing the wheel here. Loosen up a little guys, geeezzz.
Matt

Hey monkeynuts. Where did that come from?

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude, I said some of you guys were okay. The majority here need to loosen up a little. How did you know I have monkeynuts?

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, I said some of you guys were okay. The majority here need to loosen up a little. How did you know I have monkeynuts?

ahhh. I saw that random post and didnt see anything to light the fuse.

Maybe you are the one that needs to lighten up. :)

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man if I could get this car right I would lighten up enough for all of us....matt

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MATT
I have talked to Kevin and e mailed him and faxed him You need to listen to him about the fuel system. The way I advised him to do it has proven success.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy that gave me the info DOES NOT have a stock fuel system. He had to change everything that somebody talked about in another thread. Rails, injectors, pump, regulator, etc...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21