what should i pay for a 99 rt black with miles between 10-20k

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thinking about getting another viper soon,im looking into getting a 99 rt black on black with miles between 10-20 k,what should i be paying for todays market?
thanks
adam

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the car is mint, clean, no issues etc etc, all original, 42,000-45,000

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my 57,000 mile not worth anything?? 3" cat backs, new tires? Not raced. In classifieds.

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been watching the prices of viper's for years, check almost daily,,, i've seen a large range in mileage and pricing,,, some with higher mileage with a higher asking price then a similiar car with less mileage....

The best places to check prices is autotrader.com, cars.com,,,the classifieds on this website are over priced,

I would say your 57,000 mile viper if nothing is wrong with it would be worth around 39,000-41,000

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys im thinking i should not pay more than 44k for a rt that needs nothing.i saw one today it needed tires which were riginal.never had any other fluids replaced besides oil and filter changes.the car was all stock we were way off a price.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, Ebay prices are not appropriate prices for Vipers.

A '99 RT that is clean with 10k is worth at least $45k. More like $48-50k. Up that to 20k miles and then you may be looking at $42k, but that would be a pretty good deal.

JMO, but I watch Vipers alot, not only on Ebay, but other places as well.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prices are all over. I paid $45K for a 99 GTS with 8200 miles. a 99 RT with those miles would be no more than $41K. Of course, that would be a good deal. If you found one that you really liked and it was the "right" car, than $44k-$45K is still fair.

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$39k-$46k. Don't go by the cassifieds on this site. Most are big time dreamers. Although I feel a lot of Vipers don't actually sell on eBay the first or second time it's listed, you can find & make deals.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my '99 RT/10 back in July. At the time it had 16,072 miles and was in IMMACULATE condition. It included a Corsa cat-back exhaust, hard and soft tops and a full body cover. It has the Connely cognac leather interior. List price here in the VCA classifieds was $42,500, reduced from $45,900 (thanks, Larry).

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen cars with fewer miles go for less. But yeah, that was a good one. I bid it up to around 31k and then backed off.

There was a red 2000 that went for about the same a couple of weeks ago.

Winter isn't a good time to sell if you are looking to make some $$..... great time to buy though!

JD

99RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW- you will likely find that there are by far more black/cognac cars up for sale than black/black.

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paid 37.5K for my 99rt...Of course it needed a paint job ( during the day it looked OK but at night you could really see the different reds)..BADLY and was missing the rear window. As well some of the interior panals needed to be adjusted.Ran perfect and recently put down 410 rwhp and 465 rwt on the dyno SAE. The carfax is clean but the way the colors of red on different body panals didnt match im sure it was in an accident.

here in hawaii though you cant be picky when it comes to getting a viper.It wasnt an rt10 vrs gts vrs srt10 issue for me. it was basicly FIND a viper thats FOR SALE in any color besides silver

i bought this car only because the owner said he would repaint the hole car and replace the window at a well known shop that he's buddies with.

Cost to me was 1,500 for the paint job. So far so good. When I went to the shop to drop off the car their were two other Vipers their as well as a c6Z06 and maserati. So Im hoping that my 26 K mile 99 Viper is gonna be well worth the total 39,000 invested to get her up to *****....And I might just put her in the local paper for 43 grand and make a easy 4 grand. She's gonna look brand new in a few days.

Funny thing is....I would have paid up to 45 grand for it just the way it was. But the guy thought that 37,500 was a good deal for his car since the Chevy dealer he was trying to trade it in too would only give him 33,000.