What should I pay for stock differential - complete?

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be getting a new rear (3.55) in less than two weeks (from JonB). You can make an offer on my complete 3.07 rear that I will be removing (4k miles from an '00) as well if desired. It will fit your '98. Just send me an email if interested.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Artman, but I already committed to this gentleman. We are just trying to decide on a fair price, as he nor I has a clue. Basically, I just need to know what the average sale price is for a low mileage used/complete differential out of GTS.

Thanks.

P.S. - Thanks for the other info. on compatibility between a '98 and '00.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually if you are swapping the entire rear end unit, there is not a problem. If you are changing the gears , the unit is different ( and a ton more expensive ) in the 2001/2002s. In other words, no problemo on your 98 if you go up to a 2000, and it sounds like the art of a deal is being offered by the artman-- gopher it!

OP
OP
A

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
Thanks Artman, but I already committed to this gentleman. We are just trying to decide on a fair price, as he nor I has a clue. Basically, I just need to know what the average sale price is for a low mileage used/complete differential out of GTS.

Thanks.

P.S. - Thanks for the other info. on compatibility between a '98 and '00.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no clue either. Just though I would ask since I may just let JonB take it in as trade when new one arrives (btw: I got the '02 unit which is suppose to be tougher - maybe that is why Bill says it is more expensive?.

I will be attempting to bolt the new rear by myself at home (well maybe with a little help). Any hints/things to look out for (besides dropping the thing on my head) would be appreciated!

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A complete Rear End with differential, housing and cover in mint condition should be 1.000-1.500 USD.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperholics,

I see a SuperCharger in my future. Therefore, I may need to change back to stock 3.07 gears from 3.73's. What should I expect to pay for a complete used stock differential, in perfect working condition? I have access to a low mileage (6K) unit from a 2000 GTS (I have a 1998), but I don't know what I should offer? The unit must be complete, as I want to keep my other differential with the 3.73's. I am assuming a 2000 GTS differential will bolt right into a 1998 GTS, right?

Thanks in advance....