What stereo and speaker upgrade for an R/T

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topic has been covered pretty well, might try a search.
Short answer is 6 1/2 components in the door and a 6 1/4 in the center...most go with a sub there.
Best is usually a matter of preference...don't plan on a bass pounding system unless you are willing to "cut" or loose floor space in the front passenger kick area....happy searching!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I did was I put sony explodes in the 2 doors, a Rockford Punch in the center,all being pushed by a Rockford amp and 1 10" Rockford Punch sub behind each seat "cut" into the back being pushed by a 2000 watt Rockford amp and of course both amps are in the trunk (so I dont lose any space) and of course both are chrome.

As far as the deck I got the pioneer 7" touch screen flip out.

Everything looks and sounds great.

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the best stereo and speaker upgrade for an R/T.

A question like that is like asking someone "what kind of girl should I marry?" Ask the wrong person, and you're liable to end up with a very unsatisfying choice.

First, what features do you want? Receiver only, CD/DVD/WMA/MP3, CD/DVD Video, Game Console, Mobile PC, Satellite radio, the list goes on and on....

I'd suggest starting by paying a visit to several car stereo retailers like Car Toys or Earmark and looking around. When you see something interesting, ask a lot of questions. Take notes and be prepared to question the answers you're given.

Go to the Crutchfield website and do some digging (and request a catalogue, their catalogue has a wealth of information that is quite usefull). Then do some research on the web and read some reviews. You'll soon have the answers you're seeking.

When it comes time to buy I use National Audio Center on eBay. Great shipping, and great customer service. I ordered a head unit and tv tuner from and I mistakenly ordered a tuner that wasn't compatible with the headunit. They sent me the correct one even though it was $50 more than the one I had paid for. Customer service like that is rare.

smfettig

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have two sets of infinity perfect 6.1's in each door. They sound great. As for bass I was thinking of looking at the new Clarion powered sub. I currently have a nice little box with 2 focal subs. They sound ok, but not great. Check in out the new Clarion powered sub on the Crutchfield site. It looks like it would fit nicely under the seat or behind the seat. Its only 3"thick with a 7" woofer. I might try it out myself.

As for the infinity's you can buy them on Ebay for $180. Don't buy the pair from a guy in Georgia. It will take you weeks to get them. I got mine for $167 and they were brand spankin new. They retail for $550. They have a very crisp and clear sound. Highs might be too high but you can adjust that on the cross over.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang