What the hell does "Cream-Puff" mean??!

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What the hell does \"Cream-Puff\" mean??!

Sorry, kinda new to the viper realm. I did a search, but none of them really explained what it meant. Is the revised, milder cam, emissions friendly, tuned motor?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What the hell does

All the owners of Viper 1999 and under jealous of the 2000-2002 Viper owner because of our more refine cars and they’d like to smack us in the face with a cream pie because of it. Or something like that, but I’m sure some of those guy will tell you it’s about the engine and the emission and crap, but their all just lying. Trust me.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Less lumpy cam and cast pistons. Does not make much of a difference to me since only '02 Final Editions have the "big" motor.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2000 and up have the cast pistons and cant take as much boost or HP as the pre 2000 forged piston cars.

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: What the hell does \"Cream-Puff\" mean??!

Unless of course you have an 02 with Forged Pistons and the Hot 96/97 Cam, AND ABS. Then that's like having your cake and eating it to. Then add ACR into the mixture.......and viola...you have one BadA$$ Viper. :usa: (Thx Jon)

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Less lumpy cam and cast pistons. Does not make much of a difference to me since only '02 Final Editions have the "big" motor.

Am i missing something or is there actually a difference in FE engines?

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yes, 02 FE's have the larger engine and make more power. As post 99's are known as "creampuffs", pre 00's are nicknamed "Flakies".

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The '02 FE's have been proven to have the BIGGEST and fastest stock engines, stronger frames and ABS. When I grow up I want an '02 Final Edition GTS!!!!!!!!

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most people, like you, do not know this, but the Final Edition GTS has the one and only "big" motor. When Dodge stopped making Vipers back in '02 (outsourced Honda units of today don't count), they wanted to do something special and go out with a bang. Thus, they created the ultimate Viper ever conceived---the Final Edition. To bring this dream to life Dodge did a few things. First, they gave the Viper the sexiest color scheme ever to grace its fiberglass skin---red with white stripes. Second, they added additional cosmetic upgrades, such as red interior stitching and a dash plaque to further accentuate the FE's aesthetic superiority. Finally, and most important of all, Dodge gave the FE, and only the FE, the "big" motor. It's everything people have come to love about Viper engines, but it's just bigger and better. Although HP and TQ are reported as being the same as a "standard" Viper engine, those who know their engines know that the FE "big" motor is definitely in a league of its own. In order to keep insurance costs down and avoid hassle from the feds, Dodge cleverly underrated this beastly behemoth. While other jealous Viper owners, especially those with Flakies, will try to say otherwise, they just can't evade the truth. FE owners have the "big" motor and they don't. They can keep their forged pistons and flaking paint---I'll take the "big" motor.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I don't recall, what color were those "special" pills they gave you when you bought these "big" motor FE's?

I guess we know what what FE stands for....Fantasy Engine!!

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

The highest top speed published on a stock Viper was Which Model Year?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most people, like you, do not know this, but the Final Edition GTS has the one and only "big" motor. When Dodge stopped making Vipers back in '02 (outsourced Honda units of today don't count), they wanted to do something special and go out with a bang. Thus, they created the ultimate Viper ever conceived---the Final Edition. To bring this dream to life Dodge did a few things. First, they gave the Viper the sexiest color scheme ever to grace its fiberglass skin---red with white stripes. Second, they added additional cosmetic upgrades, such as red interior stitching and a dash plaque to further accentuate the FE's aesthetic superiority. Finally, and most important of all, Dodge gave the FE, and only the FE, the "big" motor. It's everything people have come to love about Viper engines, but it's just bigger and better. Although HP and TQ are reported as being the same as a "standard" Viper engine, those who know their engines know that the FE "big" motor is definitely in a league of its own. In order to keep insurance costs down and avoid hassle from the feds, Dodge cleverly underrated this beastly behemoth. While other jealous Viper owners, especially those with Flakies, will try to say otherwise, they just can't evade the truth. FE owners have the "big" motor and they don't. They can keep their forged pistons and flaking paint---I'll take the "big" motor.

Thats a good story, now here is the truth. When rumors of a new and improved model with more horsepower came out for the 2003 models, Dodge had a backlog of GTS's that they couldn't move because prospective buyers of course were going to wait and see what the new SRT/10 was all about. What did they do? Paint them Red and White, put some badging on them and call them special "Final Editions"

To quote Jon B from Partsrack who has forgotten more about Vipers than you will ever know:

"In fact, 360 UNSOLD GTSs were in the future-capacity of CAAP at mid-year '02, due to the same anticipation and reluctance caused by WHAT WAS COMING. Future poroduct HAD to be BETTER, right?

"So, this somewhat weird # of 360 unbuilt, unsold, future GTSs became.... ...wait, wait, wait: THE FINAL EDITION GTS ! 360 RED/WHITE. Numbered. SPECIAL! SIGNIFICANT! WONDERFUL! [And NOW you know why 360, and not 100.] The strategy WORKED, and 360 chassis and bodies already bought, changed planned COLORS and SOLD almost overnight. WHEW!"

See his post on Viper history here, great read: http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=631966&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1

And my '98 paint has no flakes.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What ever makes you feel better. :buttkick: Go fix your tile in the garage. :nana:

And the outsourced Honda units comment has hurt my feelings :curse:

nice story :D

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thats a good story, now here is the truth. When rumors of a new and improved model with more horsepower came out for the 2003 models, Dodge had a backlog of GTS's that they couldn't move because prospective buyers of course were going to wait and see what the new SRT/10 was all about. What did they do? Paint them Red and White, put some badging on them and call them special "Final Editions"

To quote Jon B from Partsrack who has forgotten more about Vipers than you will ever know:

"In fact, 360 UNSOLD GTSs were in the future-capacity of CAAP at mid-year '02, due to the same anticipation and reluctance caused by WHAT WAS COMING. Future poroduct HAD to be BETTER, right?

"So, this somewhat weird # of 360 unbuilt, unsold, future GTSs became.... ...wait, wait, wait: THE FINAL EDITION GTS ! 360 RED/WHITE. Numbered. SPECIAL! SIGNIFICANT! WONDERFUL! [And NOW you know why 360, and not 100.] The strategy WORKED, and 360 chassis and bodies already bought, changed planned COLORS and SOLD almost overnight. WHEW!"

I don't really give a $hit why there is 360 of them, DC is a business remember? Are you knocking them for good marketing?. None of your hating changes the fact that they have good reason to be a commemorative Viper. They are the last GTS's ever built, the only available genI & II's with the red and white, and not to mention they have the bigger engine. :nono: Now stop trying to crash the party. :D

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats a good story, now here is the truth. When rumors of a new and improved model with more horsepower came out for the 2003 models, Dodge had a backlog of GTS's that they couldn't move because prospective buyers of course were going to wait and see what the new SRT/10 was all about. What did they do? Paint them Red and White, put some badging on them and call them
You must be registered for see images
special "Final Editions"

See his post on Viper history here, great read: http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=631966&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1

And my '98 paint has no flakes.

Typical jealous comments from FE wannabees. Let me ask you this, how does it feel having the smaller motor? Maybe one of these days you should step up to an FE. You'll love the sexier looks, increased performance, and MORE POWER. Not to forget that the paint doesn't flake either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32