What to do with $2K?

D

dano

Howdy!

I am fortunate enough to have a few extra dollars that I can slip past my wife and wanted to spend the money on my new mistress. I wish I had more but am happy for what I have ($2,000ish) and wanted some ideas on performance mod(s).

I have a '97 GTS, 12K miles, smooth tubes, 355's and brand new PS2's.

Thoughts?

Thanks! :confused:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not sure prices on an exhaust but id call jonB of parts rack and see what he says for pricing on one.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before spending the money, make sure that the mods you buy today supports the mods you plan to do on long run.
I ended up buying 2 sets of headers and an intake I dont need anymore and VEC 1 and so on...

It all depends of WHAT your final plans are. Can you give us more info????

Headers are about 1500-2000, maybe worth 20-30HP. If you do the headers, it would be good time to update exhaust.

I would save the 2K and buy a Roe SC next year. It WILL add value to your car, rest of the "stuff" necessary not.... Besides with that ONE mod, you'll gain an easy 100HP or more.

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dito the plan thing - do your investigations and decide what your long term plan is - save you tons of money in the long run.

OP
OP
D

dano

Thanks...

Actually, the car does have an aftermarket catback system. I bought the car from the original owner but he did not know the brand but said it was dealer installed. The car has a great sound but I wouldn't mind some more noise.

My goal is to have a streetcar that could hit high 10's (if I ran some drag radials and was on the proper closed course...of course). I'm in Denver, so looking at equivilent of a high ten car at sea level.

Was looking at a Roe in a year or so.

Also, been trying to to get up to speed on nitrous...however, this path has always made me a bit nervous.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Buy a Vec 2 (or Vec 3) and Nitrous Express wet system. Install it yourself and you'll stay under 2k. You should be putting down about 600 hp and 800 ft/lbs torque (on 200 shot). I'm VERY satisfied with my VEC and the service I get with it at Roe Racing. Good luck!

I wish I had your dilemma......

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers (used if possible to save $$)! And VEC3 tuned-in would be my choice. Especially if you are planning a Roe! :2tu:

OP
OP
D

dano

Headers (used if possible to save $$)! And VEC3 tuned-in would be my choice. Especially if you are planning a Roe! :2tu:

Thanks Casey...I think you sent me a PM previously on where I might find some used headers..I sent them an email. Thanks!

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you want to get in the tens on a budget, here is my suggestion:

Drag Radials
Upgraded half shafts and safety loops
Chromoly flywheel and better clutch disc
Headers (Belangers on e-bay for $765)
Wet Nos System

Latest posts

Forum statistics