What Viper ownership is really about

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This afternoon I had the opportunity to take my car over to a friend of a friends house for their 9 yr old son to see. He's a big Viper fan and this is the 1st one he'd seen up close. He suffers from brittle bone disease, so he has to use a walker and is only about the size of a 5 year old. When he 1st came out he walked around the car a couple times and talked a lot about the Viper in his videogame :) Seeing him smile made my day as much as it made his. He jumped right in and started blowing the horn constantly. He was definitely having a good time. I showed him how the window slid open and closed. He got shy when his mom came out with their camera. He would sink down in the driver seat and close the window so she couldn't get a photo. I smiled and said "I know how to take care of this". I walked over, opened the door and popped the window out. The look on his face was priceless when he saw the window just dropped in and out :D He finally opened up and let his mom take some photos and then he videotaped it so he can prove to all his friends at school that it really happened. He didn't want to go for a ride (we think he felt self conscious about needing a carseat due to his medical condition) but I told him and his mom that I'd come back anytime if he changed his mind. I gave him a couple Viper model cars before I left and I think that made him smile as big as seeing the actual Viper did. Out of racetracks, ******* or just cruising, I still think the most fun you can have with a Viper is showing it off to kids and letting them enjoy it :headbang:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, its a big part of the viper and i think that More owners should embrace it.

I Love my Viper's fans!!!!! Especially the kids.
Even when i had my sportbike, when i came in my nighborhood i would purposely drive all around my nieghborhood before pulling in my court because i liked seing the reactions of the kids outside playing when my bike came past; "wheelie, wheelie, wheelie"!!!!
This was my same reaction when i was young, and i always told myself that if i ever got a motorcycle or viper that i would keep it real by not ignoring them but insted drop the clutch and do a little burnout or lean back and pull a wheelie.

Its not about Me showing off, its about showing off the Viper and bringing joy to people.:2tu:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. We took a drive today and drove past a minivan on the highway with several kids in the back waving and shouting, so we gave it a little gas and showed them what the car could do. We found a 1/64 scale car thats the same as ours (08,blue) so we bought as many as we could find so we have them to give to kids (younger and the older ones too)

Very Cool of you Chad. Way to go.
How many Ferrari guys would do that??

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. We took a drive today and drove past a minivan on the highway with several kids in the back waving and shouting, so we gave it a little gas and showed them what the car could do. We found a 1/64 scale car thats the same as ours (08,blue) so we bought as many as we could find so we have them to give to kids (younger and the older ones too)

Very Cool of you Chad. Way to go.
How many Ferrari guys would do that??

I agree, Ferrari and Lambo owners tend to be snobby. I think its really important to spread the joy if you have a car like that, i know if i ever got a Viper or somthing like it id begiving rides left and right to anyone who showed some passion for cars

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go Chad!!!!!!!!

Nothing better than putting a smile on a kids face who doesn't have a lot to smile about! Bravo my friend.

Hey, you didn't give him that 4x4 Viper model did you?

woosch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way cool of you!!! Let me know if he wants to see an ACR up close and personal, I'd be more than happy to swing by.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Way cool Chad, I love that story. When ever I ask my little girl, (whos only 3 years old) What Time is it? She says, "VIPER TIME"! This story reminded me of that ;) Thanks for the smile :)

sniper

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words! I dunno how I forgot to mention these things:

After I took the window out, while he was blowing the horn, he'd lean out the window and say "move grandma"! :lmao::lmao:

Also, a red C5 Z06 drove by really slow checking out the Viper and I joked maybe we should let him pose for a couple pics with the Viper :smirk: His mom said "oh this car is so much nicer than a Vette" and he said "oh yes!". His parents have obviously trained him very well :D

Way to go Chad!!!!!!!!

Nothing better than putting a smile on a kids face who doesn't have a lot to smile about! Bravo my friend.

Hey, you didn't give him that 4x4 Viper model did you?

Nope, I use that one to chase my dog around the house :rolaugh:

Way cool of you!!! Let me know if he wants to see an ACR up close and personal, I'd be more than happy to swing by.

Thanks Chris! I'll relay the message :headbang: I'd like to find a way I could pick him up from school one day and that way his friends will have more than just a video for proof that he's really been in a Viper :D

Your a great guy Chad, I don't care what anybody says.:rolaugh:

Contrary to most of my posts, you can use these things to make more people smile than just ******* girls :D

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story Chad. Thats the kind of thing I would love to do here. There really is so much more to our cars that just Horse power!! :2tu:

V

Venomiss

That's a nice thing to do Chad. You get brownie points for that.

We want some video of you chasing the dog with the 4x4.:eater:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
really nice thing to do chad. :2tu:

(once you do give him a ride, be gentle, or at least smooth) :omg:

:lmao: does it seem like chad is nesting? :dunno:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree. The most stimulating car to a young boy is a Viper. Not a Vette, Cobra, or a Ford Gt. Its the Viper.... The end.....

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree. The most stimulating car to a young boy is a Viper. Not a Vette, Cobra, or a Ford Gt. Its the Viper.... The end.....

I agree; one of the most noticeable things about Viper ownership is the effect on the young fellas; the adoration is unparalleled. Except, maybe for some of the older ones, the Viper then competes (head to head) with their favorite female pinup! :dunno:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't believe any of it folks. Chad is just plagiarizing dozens of similar posts on this board. He is trying to shake his reputation of exploiting women for his own offensive sexist ego. Look to see another "Chad" thread with pics of a hottie mom sprawled out on McV. Coincidence? I think not.

J/k

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't believe any of it folks. Chad is just plagiarizing dozens of similar posts on this board. He is trying to shake his reputation of exploiting women for his own offensive sexist ego. Look to see another "Chad" thread with pics of a hottie mom sprawled out on McV. Coincidence? I think not.

J/k

I beg to differ. I think I can successfully keep my offensive sexist ego and be a nice person at the same time :D I will say this kid's mom was hot :omg: I had never met the kid or mom before, so you can't say I only did it for the mom, that was just a nice bonus :D She's married to an attorney, so I'm thinking about going to law school since I have some free time right now. My friend told me that the daughter (18 years old and going to UGA :headbang:) looks a lot like the mom, but she was sick and never came out of her room (dohhhh!). Had I been in my "offensive sexist ego" phase, I would've got pics of the mom, but I was in my "nice" phase and dropped the ball. If I take the Viper over there again, I'll remember next time :D

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This afternoon I had the opportunity to take my car over to a friend of a friends house for their 9 yr old son to see. He's a big Viper fan and this is the 1st one he'd seen up close. He suffers from brittle bone disease, so he has to use a walker and is only about the size of a 5 year old. When he 1st came out he walked around the car a couple times and talked a lot about the Viper in his videogame :) Seeing him smile made my day as much as it made his. He jumped right in and started blowing the horn constantly. He was definitely having a good time. I showed him how the window slid open and closed. He got shy when his mom came out with their camera. He would sink down in the driver seat and close the window so she couldn't get a photo. I smiled and said "I know how to take care of this". I walked over, opened the door and popped the window out. The look on his face was priceless when he saw the window just dropped in and out :D He finally opened up and let his mom take some photos and then he videotaped it so he can prove to all his friends at school that it really happened. He didn't want to go for a ride (we think he felt self conscious about needing a carseat due to his medical condition) but I told him and his mom that I'd come back anytime if he changed his mind. I gave him a couple Viper model cars before I left and I think that made him smile as big as seeing the actual Viper did. Out of racetracks, ******* or just cruising, I still think the most fun you can have with a Viper is showing it off to kids and letting them enjoy it :headbang:

Well done Chad.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a video him and his mom made and posted on youtube. The brunette is my best friend's mom who helped set this up. The **** animal laughing in the side view mirror shot is me :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbve_A_WeLo[/media]

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My next door neighbor has two little girls, 3 and 4. Whenever I crank up the Viper they run to the window to check it out. They wave and smile and just have a ball! My Viper has the Belangers on it, so it is LOUD. I asked their mother why wont they come outside so I can show it to them closer? She said, "Oh nooooo! They are actually afraid of it, but they love when you crank it up!"

Only in a Viper.