What went wrong here??

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a video of a bad viper wreck. But I cant understand what went wrong, perfectly straight road. Anyone know the story to this one. Makes me nervous about flogging mine up to triple digits:confused:. Maybe I should install roll bar for my next mod.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IVnCXcHGms[/media]

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It hard to tell but in the first few seconds there is a lot of smoke while he is still going straight. Blown Motor, Blown Tire???

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
been here before , most assume the dip in the road in combo with speed

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, it looks like dip in the road and triple digits speeds don't mix:2tu: So lesson learned, know your roads before pushing the limits.

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
been here before , most assume the dip in the road in combo with speed

That's correct, there was a combination of large bumps in the road and the car got airbourne and landed at wrong angle. The car was a 650r Hennessey Viper running at 140mph in some desert around Morocco as part of the Gumball rally. Apparently these were very large bumps in the road from the accounts I have heard.

-David

FYI: I am friends with the guys filming(IMV films) in the Mercedes that caught this video.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DTENNY thanks for clearing it up. I started thinking my viper might just lock up at 150 and kill me after watching this:omg:. The ACR in your avatar is sweet:2tu::headbang:

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DTENNY thanks for clearing it up. I started thinking my viper might just lock up at 150 and kill me after watching this:omg:. The ACR in your avatar is sweet:2tu::headbang:

The IMV guys told me it was a combination of 3 or so huge bumps in a row that upset the car and that the Viper was traveling faster than other cars did over that section of road. I think anytime high speeds are involved an intimate knowledge of the roads and vehicle prep are vital. The IMV guys said they were impressed with the Vipers body structure given how bad the wreck was you could still open the doors.

-David

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they make it? Live that is

I believe the driver had to spend a night in the hospital and passenger walked away with minor injuries. I think the driver may have suffered a concussion, but this is all from memory. The wreck happened in 2004, but I know they both lived.

-David

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone speaks spanish there is another video that is a reporter talking about what happened.

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe the driver had to spend a night in the hospital and passenger walked away with minor injuries. I think the driver may have suffered a concussion, but this is all from memory. The wreck happened in 2004, but I know they both lived.

-David

And some wet pants.:D look as he is walking away

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone speaks spanish there is another video that is a reporter talking about what happened.

The other video talks about a few cars including the Viper going fast to catch a ferry. He does briefly mention that it was faults on the road that caused the accident. Which is conclusive to what others were saying. At the end reporter also mentions that the driver seems to have come out of the accident in good condition but the Viper has reached it's end.